Cosmetic surgery or a wig?

2 hours ago, echo beach said:

That’s good redruby you could buy 5 different colours and get 2 free then have a different appearance everyday of the week.😁

echo.

Yes, very fetching they were and surprisingly realistic.  

I remember when I used to get my haircut at Taylors barbers on Surrey St, when John Taylor was running it, think he was the grandson of the original owner. 

You'd see men walk in with a full head of hair, get taken downstairs & after about 5 mins, come back up & walk out with a hat on with clearly nothing underneath the hat. 

When they used to sweep the floor, along the back wall their was a long seat for customers & in the middle one panel would open under the seat & all the hair would be brushed down the there & must have dropped into the basement area & I'm guessing was a cheap source of material for wigs?

Our very own, the lovely nurse Pattricia, had a date with a doctor..

As he approached her, a gust of wind blew his wig off..

Pat then scarpered.

True story........

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Our very own, the lovely nurse Pattricia, had a date with a doctor..

As he approached her, a gust of wind blew his wig off..

Pat then scarpered.

True story........

I was just going to mention that, but you beat me to it ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pattricia said:

I was just going to mention that, but you beat me to it ! 

What’s the medical term for that, pattricia?  Wigoffobia?😃

echo.

• Haha 1

Personally I don't find white-haired men attractive, it usually comes with very pale or pasty skin making them look ill -  the best hairstyle for men over fifty is the old standby - the crewcut,  saw a guy in Stockport years ago and he looked like Lee Marvin.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Personally I don't find white-haired men attractive, it usually comes with very pale or pasty skin making them look ill -  the best hairstyle for men over fifty is the old standby - the crewcut,  saw a guy in Stockport years ago and he looked like Lee Marvin.

Neither do I.

Quick, pass me the Grecian 2000. Oh no that’s old hat nowadays anyway. 😆
Still I do tan easily, so that’s a positive.

Probably was Lee Marvin because that’s the posh end of Greater Manchester where you live Cressy.

echo.

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I remember when I used to get my haircut at Taylors barbers on Surrey St, when John Taylor was running it, think he was the grandson of the original owner. 

You'd see men walk in with a full head of hair, get taken downstairs & after about 5 mins, come back up & walk out with a hat on with clearly nothing underneath the hat. 

You're right. I called into Taylor's Barbers once when passing, I'd never been before. I'd had short hair for a good while and had started 'growing it out' with a view to having it longer. I conveyed my haircut wishes to the barber, he took absolutely no notice and gave me a short cut, set me back months! 🤣

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

Neither do I.

Quick, pass me the Grecian 2000. Oh no that’s old hat nowadays anyway. 😆
Still I do tan easily, so that’s a positive.

Probably was Lee Marvin because that’s the posh end of Greater Manchester where you live Cressy.

echo.

Grecian 2000 and a Sweep Over is the new fashion you know.  Buzz cuts are the old hat nowadays.