iPads / tablets

My iPad is really ancient and is no longer supported. It hasn't let iOS update for quite a while now, and so if I want to use my banking app and other apps I have to do it on my mobile phone.  Increasingly, my iPad has stopped working properly with various websites, for example if I try to read the BBC news online I can't see their photos anymore, it only shows black boxes instead.  I prefer to read on the iPad rather than on my mobile because of the size of the screen, so  sadly it's time to bite the bullet and fork out for a new one .... Being a pensioner I have to be careful with the pennies and don't want to  spend a fortune but I want something fairly decent which will last me a long time. Which sort offers the best price/quality ratio? I'm not that technical and have no idea what to look for.  Any advice much appreciated.

Apple still have the longest upgrade path. Buying used will obviously reduce the time/versions it updates to.

Samsung have made decent efforts on the Android side of updating, plus you will pay less for a basic model.

I use both Apple and Samsung tablets. Both have their good and bad parts, both are very good tablets.

57 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As you are in NL, suggest sources  in the UK is not sensible, but I'm sure there are similar suppliers to https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/music in NL.

Exactly what information are you looking for, though?

I wouldn’t source it in the UK, I’d probably get it from somewhere like MediaMarkt in NL. But when I look for iPads on their site it comes up with about 183 options, with prices between €389 and €1589 which is a huge range.  I’m just wondering which sort would be best for someone in my position who doesn’t want to spend a fortune but wants something reasonable