Stones, Wards, Whitbread - all good bitters now gone

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Call thi sen a proper Sheffielder Stoooonses kept out steelworks going through good and bad times .  Int furnaces the gaffers would send out for trays of it when we were on hot work . Shuv tho triplepoint where Sun don't shine .   Surry

Poor old Cuttsie. Get yourself a warm can  of John Smiths. 
I’ll have a pint of Triplepoint Gold please.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Pint of magnet ...in magnet 1980👍

37 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

The world's turned. Everything moves on, as is right and proper. Some just can't cope. I'm done with those who automatically say "It wor better then...".  No Tosh, it wasn't. Some things, like warm beer and blinkered ideas on change, weren't.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Pint of magnet ...in magnet 1980👍

Magnet that was rocket fuel. The lads in Dodgers near where the Leadmill now stands swore by it . Suptit in half pint glasses . 

3 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

The world's turned. Everything moves on, as is right and proper. Some just can't cope. I'm done with those who automatically say "It wor better then...".  No Tosh, it wasn't. Some things, like warm beer and blinkered ideas on change, weren't.

I'm same with them that wear daft hats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I've never had a pint of Stones, Wards or Whitbreads 

Yer not missing out on much. As a young un, I only drunk them cos that's all there was. I definitely don't miss any of them. 

• Like 4

there was watneys red barrel as well, but i did like stones and pulled many a good pint of magnet at the lion/lamb  , we did smaller barrels, real ale let them stand as in tap/vent, but i settle for john smiths these days,there was a great pint of wards at the roundhouse, but there was a hand pull by wards that brian the landlord drank, but one night the electric went off and the pub was pretty full and he said it was the more expensive beer somthing with honey or bottles, we the power cut went on all night and hes was a bit miffed as we drank all his favourite beer and as it was hand pump it took a few days to get it back on, but he kept a good pint of wards.