Stones, Wards, Whitbread - all good bitters now gone

On 14/07/2024 at 19:14, cuttsie said:

Magnet that was rocket fuel. The lads in Dodgers near where the Leadmill now stands swore by it . Suptit in half pint glasses . 

Loved Magnet, that first mouthful always made me gag, it was so bitter, then it went down like nectar.

I could never get on with Mansfield, I always stuck a gold label or a Guinness in with it.

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

Just come out of the Sheaf View.

A had couple of wonderful hazy brews from NZ. Tongue-tingly perfect, the pair of 'em. 

image.jpeg.4a9656026e7ab52e7ca2d62dbd9073d8.jpeg

A pint of stones was held up to the light, scrutanised . turned in its glass , lips licked then supped . Any beer thhat looked like that weshing up wattter was sent back to bar and pored down the sink before a apology from the Landlord and a refill .

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

A pint of stones was held up to the light, scrutanised . turned in its glass , lips licked then supped . Any beer thhat looked like that weshing up wattter was sent back to bar and pored down the sink before a apology from the Landlord and a refill .

It had to be as clear as a summers day 

Edited by cuttsie

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yeah, they did that in the olden days. Now people know better.

• Like 1

Just now, wearysmith said:

Yeah, they did that in the olden days. Now people know better.

Slavering down beards in Kelam Island , Pink trouser brigade  tecking little sups pretending that the lastest Sheep dip is as good as Amber Nectar . My arse it is .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Slavering down beards in Kelam Island , Pink trouser brigade  tecking little sups pretending that the lastest Sheep dip is as good as Amber Nectar . My arse it is .

Ah, I see where you've gone wrong. Made that assumption that anyone cares about your opinion.

Nope. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

😂😂😂  :thumbsup:

On 14/07/2024 at 15:01, Prettytom said:

I’m amazed that people are feeling nostalgic for Stones or Wards bitter.  Dusclamer here, I’ve drunk considerably more than my fair share of Wards.

Brewing in this city has come on leaps and bounds in the last twenty years . Triplepoint, Bradfield and Abbeydale all make excellent beers, to suit all tastes. Enjoy those and leave Stones and Wards where they belong, in the past.

Yeah, it's all a bit "Why isn't it 1970?" part 56,763.

• Like 2