Stones, Wards, Whitbread - all good bitters now gone

23 hours ago, Uggy said:

Loved Magnet, that first mouthful always made me gag, it was so bitter, then it went down like nectar.

I could never get on with Mansfield, I always stuck a gold label or a Guinness in with it.

Found a couple of places that do a good pint of Magnet. One is The George in Eckington, the other The Queen's Head in Hoyland. Bit of a faff to get to both from where I live, but always worth it.

7 hours ago, Delbow said:

Yeah, it's all a bit "Why isn't it 1970?" part 56,763.

Yeah, broken record (but the best thing about '70 was the music 😀).

.......and Colquhoun, Badger, Currie, Salmons etc etc, obviously

Wouldn't know about the beer. Was too young. I never told my kids any of that "Things were better back then....." crap. Fairly damn sure a lot of things weren't.

Well it's Cuttsie's (Jud) birthday today...

We at "Padders Bar" would like to send him a complimentary pint of our Stooooonnness best bitter..

Get thi laughing gear round this Jud.   🍺   and enjoy thi Birthday....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Well it's Cuttsie's (Jud) birthday today...

We at "Padders Bar" would like to send him a complimentary pint of our Stooooonnness best bitter..

Get thi laughing gear round this Jud.   🍺   and enjoy thi Birthday....

Bottom of the Lane for a beer  then Wetherspoons for dinner . I live like a king .Hold on a minute . !!!!!better than a King he ain't been int Norfolk.    no Stoooonses though so just sheep dip.

• Like 3

On 21/07/2024 at 11:07, cuttsie said:

Bottom of the Lane for a beer  then Wetherspoons for dinner . I live like a king .Hold on a minute . !!!!!better than a King he ain't been int Norfolk.    no Stoooonses though so just sheep dip.

A  smashing day with friends and family .  Some old faces still propping up the Norfolk thank dog..   Singing and dancing  later in the afternoon,   Dinner in the Bankers Draft was unbeatable value , The fish chips and musheys  were cooked perfection ,  In all a enjoyable day among proper Sheffielders .   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

A  smashing day with friends and family .  Some old faces still propping up the Norfolk thank dog..   Singing and dancing  later in the afternoon,   Dinner in the Bankers Draft was unbeatable value , The fish chips and musheys  were cooked perfection ,  In all a enjoyable day among proper Sheffielders .   

not forgetting the ice cream cornet from Grannelli's

On 19/07/2024 at 07:11, Uggy said:

Loved Magnet, that first mouthful always made me gag, it was so bitter, then it went down like nectar.

I could never get on with Mansfield, I always stuck a gold label or a Guinness in with it.

Having a respectably meaty Magnet right now in Hoyland. I'm not fussed about the pump-logo they're using though. Prefer their historic one.

download.jpg.58807395687459c7c32030bb61631238.jpg     0-17.jpg.848b31c27695182d0db8fb702ab6a0c1.jpg

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

Having a respectably meaty Magnet right now in Hoyland. I'm not fussed about the pump-logo they're using though. Prefer their historic one.

download.jpg.58807395687459c7c32030bb61631238.jpg     0-17.jpg.848b31c27695182d0db8fb702ab6a0c1.jpg

No floating bits or cloudy swirling crap in that pint .