Have your say on Sheffield’s housing

Sheffield City Council Seeks Public Input on Housing Strategy

Sheffield City Council is seeking public input on the future of housing in the city as part of efforts to shape its draft Housing Strategy. Earlier this year, residents were asked about their key concerns regarding housing, and their responses have been used to inform the current draft strategy.

The council is now inviting feedback from a wide range of residents, including tenants, homeowners, leaseholders, and students, to ensure the Housing Strategy meets the diverse needs of the community.

Key Areas for Feedback

Residents are encouraged to provide their views on several key areas:

• Housing Choices and Access to Affordable Homes: Opinions are sought on how to improve housing options and affordability.
  • Environmental Sustainability: Input on assistance and advice for making homes more environmentally friendly and energy-efficient.
  • Local Infrastructure and Services: Suggestions for enhancing local infrastructure, services, and creating safe neighbourhoods.

Importance of Community Participation

A council spokesperson emphasised the importance of community participation, stating, "Your input is vital to shaping a Housing Strategy that meets the needs of our community. We are keen to hear from everyone who calls Sheffield home."

How to Participate

The survey is open until 28 July. Residents can share their views by visiting the Have Your Say website.

37 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Start by building on land that used to have hundreds of houses on them before they pulled them down about  10 years ago.

But where exactly? a lot of former factories along the upper Don Valley have already been converted into housing 

33 minutes ago, Stannington Lad said:

But where exactly? a lot of former factories along the upper Don Valley have already been converted into housing 

Less than 2 miles from where I am sat ,there are two massive areas which had hundreds of homes . Council pulled them down and have left the sites empty for about 10 years . 

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Less than 2 miles from where I am sat ,there are two massive areas which had hundreds of homes . Council pulled them down and have left the sites empty for about 10 years . 

Which is where exactly I dunno?  If you're talking down the East-end there's a reason why most housing is to the West 

2 hours ago, Stannington Lad said:

Which is where exactly I dunno?  If you're talking down the East-end there's a reason why most housing is to the West 

Bottom of Dyke Vale Rd / Silkstone Rd is one site .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Bottom of Dyke Vale Rd / Silkstone Rd is one site .

Ah right, I know the area, having lived down Richmond for 20+ years, but am not overlay familiar with it. I remember catching the no 41 bus going down that way to play golf at Birley.  I see houses have been built on the Manor

when i was on the tennents association as sec , several surveys said build bungalows and people living in houses to big for them now, would move to them, reason they wont move to flats was frightened of young tennents, noise and a small garden, so get some built free up houses  for familys , but scc listen to no one, lets hope these new council people from the goverment sort it,

• Like 1

Well, I filled the questionaire in, and it all sounds jolly good. 

What is missing is the money to do it, and the 'how' to a lot of the promises.

How do you turn bad tenants into good tenants for example? Same with anti-social behaviour. We all know what it is, but how do you change it?

Sadly, we don't live in an ideal world, and I doubt we ever will.