Racially diverse cast to play Anglo-Saxons in BBC drama

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

no he means right wing cry babies crying that theres far too many "darkies" being cast in things

Its very easy to make such accusations, in fact its a way of shutting down discussion, I note its usually the same people on here

representation and history matters to millions, you ignore it, the far right grows, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, gamezone07 said:

Its very easy to make such accusations, in fact its a way of shutting down discussion, I note its usually the same people on here

representation and history matters to millions, you ignore it, the far right grows, etc.

:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

I watch and read far more history than you know, the trouble is the right cherry pick the bits they like and disregard the bits they don't like, to create a narrative.

Like I've already said, the country wasn't all white, that's whitewashing of history

7 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Unless Horrible Histories shows a black centurion in Roman Britain causing Jordan Peterson and his fans get their knickers in a twist about the 'woke BBC' and Mary Beard has to give them a good slap, pointing out that there were many black Roman soldiers in Britain at the time.

Or unless the National Trust points out where the money came from to build the pretty stately home they are visiting when suddenly they aren't all that interested in history after all.

The far right will whinge just as much at historical accuracy as it will about historical inaccuracy.

• Like 2