Where can you buy XMAS food and drinks such as Eggnog and Panettone?

Eggnog is a British creation. I saw it first in Xmas movies.

Panettone is an Italian creation.

I wanna dip Panettone in Eggnog.

What other treats are there?

Thx to all that chime in 😀

Posted (edited)

Last year Tesco and Asda started to fill their shelves with Christmas foods in August. Not long to go now.

Supermarket across the UK have shocked shoppers by filling shelves with Christmasfoods and drinks, with weeks of the school summer holidays still to go.

Both Tesco and Asda are selling Christmas related goodies, with shoppers snapping photos of chocolate, mulled wine and festive sweets already on sale.

While the weather certainly feels autumnal,  many shoppers have been left confused by the goods, saying that it's not even Halloween yet.

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

I hate this. I'd much rather see seasonal stuff sold only in the season it relates to. I know some people like to get ahead, and I understand that, but honestly, the shops should be full of summery stuff right now.

IMO Christmas stuff should only be available after October. It keeps it special, and Christmas treats something to look forward to.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I hate this. I'd much rather see seasonal stuff sold only in the season it relates to. I know some people like to get ahead, and I understand that, but honestly, the shops should be full of summery stuff right now.

IMO Christmas stuff should only be available after October. It keeps it special, and Christmas treats something to look forward to.

I agree with you Anna.  Then on 2nd of January Easter eggs suddenly appear on the shelves.

However I can cope better with seeing the Easter eggs than the Christmas stock on shelves in August.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

October at the least!

• Like 1

Went on self=catering holiday with friend,  she used to open  tin of fruit cocktail and put Dream Topping on (don't know if they still sell it) perhaps if

a sponge base was used it could be made into a trifle, draining off the fruit juice,  maybe adding sliced banana.

• Like 1