Police hunt suspect after wife and two daughters of BBC commentator killed

14 hours ago, melthebell said:

Hopefully his injuries arent that severe that he dies, they havent said what caused them so.....

At a guess?  Resisting arrest 😉 

This may well be something along similar lines to the Basil Laitner and family murders committed here in Sheffield by Arthur Hutchinson.

Hutchinson has been - quite rightly -  denied parole and will hopefully die in jail as he deserves. I'd assume the same will happen in this instance.

Basil Laitner was our solicitor and he was a genuinely nice man.

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

So many women murdered by jealous, possessive, and controlling men with ideas of entitlement bound up in masculinity.

That’s very well put.

What do we do about preventing it though?  

There are still people with old fashioned ideas around.  I remember a few years ago a very young couple had an argument which resulted in the young woman getting beaten up by the man and him being reported to the police. A vile, older woman I used to work with was full of sympathy for this lad, talking about how his future would be ruined by the police investigation.  Not a word of sympathy for the young lass with some nasty facial injuries though.  If young boys grow up around people like that there’s no wonder things go wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Absolutely,  put very well.

I remember when girls and young women would come into work saying either 'he's chucked me' or 'I chucked him' - it was commonplace

Again it's about choice and women's rights.

Not wanting to be argumentive or anything but women do have rights.

What rights do I have as a man that a woman doesn't?

For the record as much as it's awful that there are abusers and rotten men around, statistically speaking around 80% of homicide victims are men.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cressida said:

Well he can't be 114 years old

Obviously 🙄🙄🙄 I mean John Hunt is a fairly common name as names go, I imagine in history more than one person has had that name. 

I mean seriously, his age is plastered over the news, he's in his early 60s.

37 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

For the record as much as it's awful that there are abusers and rotten men around, statistically speaking around 80% of homicide victims are men.

Equality on rights all round,  I recall the horrid female  killers Jane  & tracey andrews who killed their partners still in prison I hope.

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

Equality on rights all round,  I recall the horrid female  killers Jane  & tracey andrews who killed their partners still in prison I hope.

Tracie Andrews only served 14 years.

57 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

True, and although not in every case, those 80% are primarily killed by other men.