Police hunt suspect after wife and two daughters of BBC commentator killed

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sounds like it runs in the family, his brothers already in prison for a 2018 murder

Being short and fat runs in mine. All things considered I'm quite lucky really.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Uggy said:

I wonder if it's time to bring back Hanging drawing and quartering?

No it isn't, there have been far too many cases of miscarriages of justice, where people jailed for murder were subsequently proved innocent. The execution of an innocent person is state murder.

If it were ever considered my suggestion would be that a referendum be held, and if capital punishment were reintroduced as a result the details of everyone who voted for it be retained.

Then, when it is proven that an innocent person has been executed for a crime they didn't commit every yes voters name would be included in a lottery.

The person drawn out would then be executed for being complicit in the murder of an innocent person. At least as they take that final walk they would have the satisfaction of knowing that they were guilty in bringing about another persons death. Unlike the innocent person murdered by the state, who knew that they were innocent.

• Haha 1

Well while I agree with your argument for not reintroducing capital punishment, the ending of your argument tends to suggest that it's ok in certain circumstances, especially apparently in a case where the state knows of the innocence of the executed. But wouldn't the state also be aware of the voters innocence too.

Edited by Guest
Added I

2 hours ago, geared said:

Doesn't sound like anyone runs in your family to be honest.

I run every day go to the gym 5 days a week start my day with 500 press ups finish my day with 500 more. I also do weights, sparring, run with my 15kg weight vest on and other exercises 🙂

• Like 2