Trump assassination attempt.

21 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I was going to offer to join you somewhere sunny, then I noticed your location. 🙄

Come on down!

Poor by your standards but happy, content, hard working, smiling , dancing, singing, helpful, kind, family, community, no racism, no homophobia, no homeless, no protests and no politics. A few Haitian squatters occupy the odd abandoned buildings, but they are respectful, clean, and hang their washing out on the line every day, and work hard at any job they can find.

At my age I don't make a fuss about my birthdays, I prefer to let them pass.

The locals in my neighborhood are always asking me how old I am, and I just smile. My partner let the cat out of the bag though and told them my birthday, this past March.

They all got together, young and old, shopkeepers and motoconchos and the young guys got the rudimentary barbecues set up and plastic chairs in front of the grocery story on the corner, the ladies cooked up big pots of stew, and barbequed chicken and pork and served it to all the folks in the neighborhood. We drank cheap rum and cheap beer. It went all day and most of the night, and I was the only white guy in a crowd of Haitians and Dominicans.

I tell you this, because, at times like this, people should be reminded that there's a world out there of love and community, that is so far removed from the experience of most godless "First World" countries, that would blow your mind!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Come on down!

Poor by your standards but happy, content, hard working, smiling , dancing, singing, helpful, kind, family, community, no racism, no homophobia, no homeless, no protests and no politics. A few Haitian squatters occupy the odd abandoned buildings, but they are respectful, clean, and hang their washing out on the line every day, and work hard at any job they can find.

The locals in my neighborhood are always asking me how old I am, and I just smile. My partner let the cat out of the bag though and told them my birthday, this past March.

They all got together, young and old, shopkeepers and motoconchos and the young guys got the rudimentary barbecues set up and plastic chairs in front of the grocery story on the corner, the ladies cooked up big pots of stew, and barbequed chicken and pork and served it to all the folks in the neighborhood. We drank cheap rum and cheap beer. It went all day and most of the night, and I was the only white guy in a crowd of Haitians and Dominicans.

I tell you this, because, at times like this, people should be reminded that there's a world out there of love and community, that is so far removed from the experience of most godless "First World" countries, that would blow your mind!

Enjoyed reading this.  You sound contented where you are living and that’s the main thing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

All 70,000,000 are not called a deplorable cult by anyone.

The vast majority are dyed in the wool Republican supporters .Always have been and always will be irrespective of who gets their Presidential nomination.

As in the UK Conservative or Labour with a few swing voters with perhaps a little more choice than is available in the U.S.

The only cult is that of celebrity in a world subject to incessant popular media used to whip up support.This undoubtedly whips up some unhealthy views and sometimes actions from the lunatic fringe.

Trump has undoubtedly used these platforms to advantage but the unintended consequences should be obvious to all.

It's not the "whipping up support" by popular media that's the problem, It's the demonizing and whipping up of hate toward folks, many of who are former Democrats, like Trump himself, by the Leftist Progressive Government, and the main Media, for wearing a Make America Great hat, and exercising their free democratic right to vote for whom they choose.

If you are familiar with events in America, and the Media, you will understand what I'm talking about, and if you don't I have no time to waste with you. We'll just agree to disagree.

You get the last word!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Come on down!

That sounds amazing. 

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Enjoyed reading this.  You sound contented where you are living and that’s the main thing. 

Yeah I enjoyed reading it too. Makes me want to visit there. 

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Come on down!

I do my level best to live down to my standards. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah I enjoyed reading it too. Makes me want to visit there. 

I have never been but know a few who  have, admittedly on holiday and  they loved it, 

Just now, hauxwell said:

I have never been but know a few who  have, admittedly on holiday and  they loved it, 

Tbh it sounds like heaven. A real community,  something that seems to have almost disappeared in the UK. 

"In February last year, the Republican congressman Andrew Clyde, who owns a gun shop, handed out lapel pins in the shape of AR-15s.

“I hear that this little pin that I’ve been giving out on the House floor has been triggering some of my Democratic colleagues,” he said in a video at the time. “Well, I give it out to remind people of the second amendment of the constitution and how important it is in preserving our liberties.”

An AR-15 was apparently found next to Trump's would-be assassin.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Tbh it sounds like heaven. A real community,  something that seems to have almost disappeared in the UK. 

Yes I agree.  I can remember my grandma saying you could leave your back door open and no one would pinch anything, probably because there was nothing to pinch, but folk would help each other.  Times have changed but there is  still good people, not everything in the UK is bad.