Trump assassination attempt.

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

Sure!

Translation:

Time to move on citizen, nothing to see here!

Let's have no more talk of how folks ion my Administration, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, my FBI, and CIA lied, and started and fomented all this hate against Trump, starting 7 years ago!

Yeah because everything Trump says is Gospel.   Sadly a person was killed at the rally. I wonder what the NRA will say about it.

Edited by Zinger549

I have no time for the man but wouldn't wish him personal harm.  The American gun culture is absolutely crazy.

A long time ago a friend and I were having a drink in Greeley Square New York. We were sat at the bar and there were three American customers plus two barmen . One of the barmen asked us what we thought was the biggest difference between New York and London, my mate was a Londoner.

We said the number of guns around, we'd only been there three days at that point and seen guns drawn on two occasions by police.

This then started a conversation about guns and they all proceeded to produce their weapons of choice, place them on the bar and debate their efficiency. Turned out everyone in the place apart from my mate and I was ' packin '.

I'm glad Trump survived and my sympathy is with the innocent man who died and others who are described as critical.

They really should try to control guns, but it's an ingrained part of their culture and I can't see it ever happening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Some people believe this was set up by Trump himself, but would the gunman have been shot if this was so ?

You can't set up things like that because of the obvious tragic results, so some people are daft for thinking so.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Says a lot about the influence of the Culture Wars when someone is prepared to take the life (and their own) of an ex president over an actual tyrant that has invaded another country and helped kill millions. 

Neither side come out of this as looking good. 

Ah, the old "moral equivalency! Everybody is to blame!

The last refuge of scoundrels.

But you are a little premature, with your verdict!

We will see which "side" comes out looking good, or bad!😀

We need to find out why security happened to be so lax, when a Presidential Candidate was so in dire peril from his political opponents, that even I warned against repeatedly in the last few days!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Yeah because everything Trump says is Gospel.   Sadly a person was killed at the rally. I wonder what the NRA will say about it.

They'll probably say you can't trust law enforcement to protect Presidents, highest profile prisoners in the most secure jails in the nation, much less the neighborhood mom and pop store.

It may be good for gun sales, and permit applications  😀

47 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm glad Trump survived and my sympathy is with the innocent man who died and others who are described as critical.

They really should try to control guns, but it's an ingrained part of their culture and I can't see it ever happening.

They were ALL innocent victims!