Trump assassination attempt.

The alleged would be assassin this time seemed to have some strange ideas,  but may not have fallen within the scope of this law change.

A source with direct knowledge of the investigation has told the Guardian the suspected gunman is 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh, a vocal supporter of Ukraine’s war efforts, who had contacted Ukraine’s military in an attempt to supply foreign mercenaries for their cause in what an official from Ukraine’s foreign legion described as “delusional ideas”. Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said he is glad that Trump is “safe and unharmed”
Loomer would likely also have been excluded as I doubt she was receiving social security

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses
The new law nullifies an Obama-backed rule that added people with mental illnesses to the national background check database. NBC News.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

The alleged would be assassin this time seemed to have some strange ideas,  but may not have fallen within the scope of this law change.

A source with direct knowledge of the investigation has told the Guardian the suspected gunman is 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh, a vocal supporter of Ukraine’s war efforts, who had contacted Ukraine’s military in an attempt to supply foreign mercenaries for their cause in what an official from Ukraine’s foreign legion described as “delusional ideas”. Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said he is glad that Trump is “safe and unharmed”
Loomer would likely also have been excluded as I doubt she was receiving social security

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses
The new law nullifies an Obama-backed rule that added people with mental illnesses to the national background check database. NBC News.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

in 2002 apparently he had a stand off with police with a fully automatic rifle

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

Confirms my belief that he is a loose cannon.

its America sadly theres lots of loose cannons given access freely to dangerous legal weaponary. hopefully now  Trumps been attacked (alledgedly) twice, by his own side, i wonder if the politicians will grow some balls and take on responsibility.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Alledgedly it was Ryan Wesley Routh, a republican and it was an assassination attempt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c8dp10d4vq2t

I know it's getting your pecker twitchy wanting him to be a republican but it seems he was all over the place..

Sorry to disappoint..

Routh’s political leanings have been described as not dividing neatly along partisan lines. He was reportedly registered with the Democratic party in North Carolina but also reportedly said on social media that he had voted for Trump in 2016 and had expressed support for a Republican party ticket of Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy.

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

its America sadly theres lots of loose cannons given access freely to dangerous legal weaponary. hopefully now  Trumps been attacked (alledgedly) twice, by his own side, i wonder if the politicians will grow some balls and take on responsibility.

I'd like to think it, but past history says otherwise. 

Ultimately they cling on for dear life to their constitution. Their right to bear arms.

God help any politician who even dares to so much as suggest the idea of gun reform or control. They wouldn't get a look in. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I know it's getting your pecker twitchy wanting him to be a republican but it seems he was all over the place..

Sorry to disappoint..

Routh’s political leanings have been described as not dividing neatly along partisan lines. He was reportedly registered with the Democratic party in North Carolina but also reportedly said on social media that he had voted for Trump in 2016 and had expressed support for a Republican party ticket of Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy.

i read hes a republican that hates trump, i agree he has some very odd ideas that dont go neatly along partisan lines