Do you make phone calls on speakerphone on public transport or listen to music without headphones?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

They want leathering.

In all honesty, if someone did give them a leathering I'd be the first on the Go Fund Me for the legal defence. Just use ear buds or headphones - it's that easy.

• Like 5

"Your honour, during their public conversation, in which I learned about their latex fetish and weeping haemorrhoids, I distinctly heard them say that they were desperate for a good leathering"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pyrotequila said:

Yep, this.

Plus most of the time it's some absolute God-awful tosh that they've decided to listen to.

That unneeded insight into the personal life of the perfectly ordinary looking person sitting next to you. Maybe there's a possibility of a C5 T.V. program based on this. :D

• Like 2

I have to admit it is one of the more bizarre trends that seems to have crept up over the past few years.

I can almost understand people shouting into speakerphone if the device is sat on the desk while their hands are doing something else or if the device is sat in the car whilst they are driving. 

However, I really don't get the whole carrying the phone around in your hand shouting at it rather than simply holding to to your ear. 

Unless there is some great increase in video calling in which leaves you no choice but to talk 'to' the screen to keep face on camera, I really don't understand it.  Agree, it's very annoying especially on public transport. 

It heard a comedian, name I can't remember,  made a skit about this and basically said that to tackle any tools who are using their phone on speakerphone without good reason you should just walk up to them and start joining in the conversation. After all, if they're prepared to blast it out in public it's a public conversation, right...

• Like 5

I am very prone to teling snotty youth playing tinny music, extra loud on buses to please turn it down

This often  doesnt always work, I then tell.them I will be perfectly happpy to drop their phone out of the window, with a unhindged stare that usually has the right effect 

• Like 2