Do You Have First Aid Certification? Have You Ever Helped Someone In Need?

7 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I've had a first aid certificate for many years and have helped quite a few people, and will continue to do so. 

Any chance I could have your number to put on speed dial?

Going shopping with the daughter often gives me palpitations, shortness of breath  and a tight chest. Swear to god last time I genuinely thought I was going to pass out 😬

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Thank you,  that's cheering - been feeling a bit glum lately. x

You're welcome, credit where it's due! I also get also get a bit glum sometimes.  By the time I come on S.F I've had a couple of beers (Later in the day for me here, being in a bloody different timezone, but that's another story) and I usually perk up. x

Maybe we need a "Glum" thread where we come and offload a bit or just for a bit of 'fuss' as my Mum used to say. I did sort of approach this with my "some days are stones, some days are diamonds" thread but I don't think that I was direct enough. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

You're welcome, credit where it's due! I also get also get a bit glum sometimes.  By the time I come on S.F I've had a couple of beers (Later in the day for me here, being in a bloody different timezone, but that's another story) and I usually perk up. x

Maybe we need a "Glum" thread where we come and offload a bit or just for a bit of 'fuss' as my Mum used to say. I did sort of approach this with my "some days are stones, some days are diamonds" thread but I don't think that I was direct enough. 😁

I seem to remember a thread called "What's knocked your duck off" in I'm bored section iirc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

👍

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Love it, sincerely hope people will use it, perk up, get a bit of support, and maybe even have a laugh.  💜

Yeah that would be good in my opinion too 👍

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I've had a first aid certificate for many years and have helped quite a few people, and will continue to do so. 

Fantastic! I'm not sure it's for everyone (although maybe we just think it isn't 'for us' due to various reasons, blood, etc.)  

Basic first aid taught in schools would be a good thing. Once exposed to the idea, some pupils might take it further into adulthood.

• Like 2

I did quite a few First aid courses in the 90's four day ones,  freshers etc as my then workplace, were terrible at anything H&S related.

Lots of Workplace accidents, couple of heart attacks and many minor scrapes.

I had one interesting 3 day refresher course, when epilepsy was being discussed, the guys teaching the course asked everyone what people knew about it, one women piped up that epileptics were criminal minded, dishonest and mentally unstable.

I raised my hand and excused myself from the room, whilst they explained  someone was epileptic in the class, when I went back in, at the break she couldn't apologise fast enough.

Turned out she was a regular in the St. Johns 😱

It's always a great thing to be able to step in when need.

Basics should be taught in schools, including how to pack and stem stab wounds, how to make a doughnut wound dressing for impaled objects, would be useful given the rise of knife crime.

32 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

I had one interesting 3 day refresher course, when epilepsy was being discussed, the guys teaching the course asked everyone what people knew about it, one women piped up that epileptics were criminal minded, dishonest and mentally unstable.

I raised my hand and excused myself from the room, whilst they explained  someone was epileptic in the class

Why did you feel the need to leave the class?

3 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Why did you feel the need to leave the class?

I'd just been incidentally label a criminal minded, mentally unstable person......I was hardly going to argue with her and validate her views, so I left it up to the guys incharge, as I'd made them  aware about my condition at the  beginning of the course, in case of any incidents.

• Like 2