At the end of the day.

Just now, Draggletail said:

I don't know what to say Daddy, apart from that you're a true star. That must be hard. I would find it so. I even question myself If I would be capable of it. (And that's hard for me to say) But I'll submit my reply anyway (to my shame)

Thats really nice of you to say, thank you but Don't sell yourself short Draggletail. 

I had no idea I'd be capable of doing it until my lad came out of hospital then his mum left. Both happened in the same week so I had a real baptism of fire.  I don't even know how we coped, I reckon I must have just gone into autopilot but we muddled through and 8 years later he's still poorly, I'm still knackered 🤣 but we just keep plodding on.

I'll say this, as hard as it is, as tiring as frustrating as bleak as it sometimes feels My God its rewarding. He'd be in residential care surrounded by strangers (he's on the spectrum and really struggles around new people) if he wasn't cared for at home so for that reason alone it's so worth the effort 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thats really nice of you to say, thank you but Don't sell yourself short Draggletail. 

I had no idea I'd be capable of doing it until my lad came out of hospital then his mum left. Both happened in the same week so I had a real baptism of fire.  I don't even know how we coped, I reckon I must have just gone into autopilot but we muddled through and 8 years later he's still poorly, I'm still knackered 🤣 but we just keep plodding on.

I'll say this, as hard as it is, as tiring as frustrating as bleak as it sometimes feels My God its rewarding. He'd be in residential care surrounded by strangers (he's on the spectrum and really struggles around new people) if he wasn't cared for at home so for that reason alone it's so worth the effort 😊

💜💜💜

• Like 2