Tramlines Festival Announces Community Initiatives Ahead of July Event

40 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

When the festival moved to Hillsborough Park it was sold on the back of people being able to go in and out at will to benefit local businesses, then it was snateched away a few years later, they will benefit to a degree but not as much as promised.

Conditions of sale change and you are welcome to buy or not based on that. Festivals will always look after their interests.

There is no argument that most local businesses benefit from the festival being held in Hillsborough Park. People arrive throughout the day and lots of them pop in to local venues and businesses throughout the weekend and they benefit from that greatly in comparison to most other weekends.

Tramlines is a net positive for businesses in the local area, recently allowed or not.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Yes.

well we dont take advantage of our festival visitors ,we respect them and offer loads of free stuff inc funfair rides, i dont get upset at visitors even a odd un that came to measure me up at lowedges festival, i said now then i hope to be around a bit longer with a big burger in my gob, please note i am a bit bigger this year, love the burgers,onions,chips and john smiths

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

well we dont take advantage of our festival visitors ,we respect them and offer loads of free stuff inc funfair rides, i dont get upset at visitors even a odd un that came to measure me up at lowedges festival, i said now then i hope to be around a bit longer with a big burger in my gob, please note i am a bit bigger this year, love the burgers,onions,chips and john smiths

Will I need a bigger tape measure this year Mr. B. sounds like it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Will I need a bigger tape measure this year Mr. B. sounds like it.

WELL its 2 years ago and the burgers and onions and john smiths are not kind to ones figure,add a few steaks as well due to the , triple lock,and the 20 pints a night at padders bar, plus all the wednesday celebrating and those nights of finger licking chicken, never mind the fish&chips cooked in dripping, then of course the dripping cake every saturday, yes one of those big roll measuring tapes that farmers use in there fields, but alas i take my heart tablets and colestral ones just to help.hope the under takers owned by you dont charge by the pound, if so a porche comes to mind next time we meet

12 minutes ago, bassett one said:

WELL its 2 years ago and the burgers and onions and john smiths are not kind to ones figure,add a few steaks as well due to the , triple lock,and the 20 pints a night at padders bar, plus all the wednesday celebrating and those nights of finger licking chicken, never mind the fish&chips cooked in dripping, then of course the dripping cake every saturday, yes one of those big roll measuring tapes that farmers use in there fields, but alas i take my heart tablets and colestral ones just to help.hope the under takers owned by you dont charge by the pound, if so a porche comes to mind next time we meet

Look on the bright side Mr. B.

Onions are very good for you.........

yes and the tomato sauce is good for me, wont be going to tramlines its standing only, but off to see sea sick steve at nottingham in the autumn and of course we have reggae singers one love and tanni browne doing a great bob marley sounds plus  more 

19 hours ago, Padders said:

Look on the bright side Mr. B.

Onions are very good for you.........

On 17/07/2024 at 21:57, SheffieldForum said:

With Tramlines Festival set to take place from 26th to 28th July, organisers have unveiled a series of community-focused initiatives aimed at nurturing local talent, supporting environmental sustainability, and boosting local businesses.

Not read the thread as it's late, but the first thing that comes to mind is the disruption to Hillsbro folk... and my friend told me you can't go out and come back in. 

What?!

If I was a local business, this would infuriate me. I'm sure there must be some good reason, maybe Hillsbro folk don't want thousands of people roaming the streets and it keeps them all inside one place... but I fail to see how there is any benefit to the area unless people can go to local places to eat and drink when they want (in between bands they don't want to see, for example). It strikes me as a little greedy.

I only went when it was in town. I didn't actually go to the festival but the places linked to it, and town was absolutely packed. That's what it should be. Sheffield people and Sheffield businesses should benefit from it. 

The staff there, I also had first hand experience with, that some were treated terribly. In my taxi I picked up a girl from Chesterfield who said she spent the train fare and bus fare to get there to work, and they said, 'we have enough staff, we don't need you' - her parents then paid for me (taxi) to take her back to the station. I suppose these things all give me a negative opinion of this event now. 

• Like 3