Tramlines Festival Announces Community Initiatives Ahead of July Event

4 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I know people who run a fruit and veg shop, a greetings card/gift shop and a bookies manager in Hillsborough and after asking them  just now yes they do see increased trade on Tramlines weekend!

Not sure about the others types of specific shop but I’m sure the increased footfall is a long term benefit either way (brand awareness and that).

Claiming that Hillsborough traders don’t see an increase in custom and revenue is just rhetoric and plain wrong. 😉

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

I was repeating the text of the post I quoted. 😉

I wouldn’t say I am using rhetoric or being wrong — indeed, I have asked people I know and obtained information that backs up my points whereas others are generalising or speaking only from

pure opinion.

the text you quoted was in response to a post saying that all shops benefitted and provided evidence to back it up.

you are forum admin and yet you dismissed their post based no speaking to a couple of people and "im sure the increased footfall is a long term benefit" (i would argue it isnt and that 90% of Tramlines attendees dont go back to Hillsborough unless you can show stats to suggest increase in footfall or shop takings in the weeks after)

You have a poster here whop said he wouldnt work that day due to the festival and their livelihood depended on people so yes thats a negative

And then you follow it up with a cheeky "wink" emoji in your reply saying "i was been clever". If it wasnt meant like that it was certainly interpreted as been that way

You are admin - be better than us posters.

• Like 2