First King's Speech of the Labour government - highlights

Not too keen on the idea of building lots of houses, I have heard an awful rumour that they plan to build houses on the green fields near me.

Now I voted labour and yes I agree that lots of houses need building and yes I think one million at least in the next couple of years, but for goodness sake, leave the fields alone near where I live, that is ecological vandalism, what about the wildlife?

3 hours ago, despritdan said:

The idea that our police will tackle the migrant smuggling gangs based abroad when they can't even tackle shoplifting gangs in this country is laughable.

It clearly needs international co-operation with  European countries and probably Iraq (as well as Iran & Turkey).
A start might be to take up Macron on his offer of asylum processing centres on French soil, something previously rejected by the Tories.
Decent article here with a downloadable pdf report for those interested in facts rather than propaganda.
Small boats, big business Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime.
The industrialization of cross-channel migrant smuggling
Report available here 34 page pdf.
https://globalinitiative.net/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Small-boats-big-business-The-industrialization-of-cross-channel-migrant-smuggling-GI-TOC.Feb-2024.pdf

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Farage, Truss and Johnson busy sucking up to Trump in the US.

Although it appears that no-one wants to listen to Johnson. 

This is a picture of an event that Boris Johnson was speaking at in America yesterday:

Boris

Humiliating photo shows Boris Johnson speaking to almost empty room at Republican convention - Mirror Online

:hihi: