Wednesday fined over fans racist racist gesture.

Despite being a Blade I have to say that this is ridiculous. Every club in the country, and in fact in the world has a minority of total scumbags that ' support ' them.

How are clubs supposed to control and be responsible for these no marks?  It drags a clubs reputation through the mire and it is impossible for that club to control it. This is not a point scoring situation it's applicable to all clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c147p7kllylo#:~:text=Sheffield Wednesday have been fined,by the Owls for life.

• Like 1

It looks like the authorities have issued the fine just to be showing they have done something, SWFC had already investigate, identified and banned the fan in question, very unfair on the club.

12 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

It looks like the authorities have issued the fine just to be showing they have done something, SWFC had already investigate, identified and banned the fan in question, very unfair on the club.

They'll be raking it in if this is what they intend to do from now on.

I'd agree this looks exactly like doing something for the sake of the optics.  It's counter productive in that the best way to cut this type of behaviour out is to get people to report it, but if they think that doing so is going to get their club fined and receive bad publicity there is more chance that they'll ignore it.

The club have dealt with the matter, and that should have been the end of it.

• Like 2

I think that the fine is totally justified. Wednesday don’t do enough to discourage racism, and other forms of prejudice at the ground. The club hierarchy are responsible for the way that the crowd is managed and frankly, they do a poor job.

This isn’t an isolated incident, it is part of a pattern. Wednesday need to get a grip on this stuff. They could start by improving the policing and stewarding in the ground. They could also make it much easier to report incidents as well as ensuring that reports are acted upon.

It is a small fine, in the scheme of things and I’m pleased that the club have dealt with the idiot concerned. We’ve still got work to do though.

Completely unfair and unnecessary punisment that I hope the club appeal successfully. I am massively anti-racism, but this was a knuckle dragger that wears the shirt, in no way a representative or ambassador for the club. How are the club meant to stop ab idiot from being an idiot?

• Like 1