Sheffield faces bin strikes: Update — more strikes upcoming

16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Correct. Maybe his device typed this thread by mistake again. 

No, neither can I find the answer to my question on the original thread, silly me.

23 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Here's the message:

Delays to waste and recycling collections next week

Planned strike action on Monday 29 July until Friday 2 August will cause delays to waste and recycling collections.

Changes to green bin collections

• There will be no garden waste collections for two weeks, from 29 July to 11 August
  • This is to prioritise the collection of all other waste and recycling bins
  • To compensate, we will add an extra garden waste bin collection at the end of the service in November, ensuring you do not miss out on the scheduled number of collections.

Changes to black, blue and brown bin collections

• Please leave your bins out by 7am on your normal collection day and keep them out until they are emptied.

• Our crews will collect them as soon as possible. They are working hard, including over the weekend to minimise delays.

• Black bin collections are the priority and should encounter minimal delays.

• However, there are likely to be delays in recycling (blue and brown bin) collections.

• Our crews will be working extended hours, including weekends, to catch up as quickly as possible.

If your bin is not collected on the scheduled day, please be patient. Our crews will reach you as soon as they can. There is no need to contact us, as we are aware of the situation.

All Sheffield Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) are open as normal. Find more information about HWRCs.

@crookeseythe answer you want is clearly in this quoted post ffs 

There is some consideration being taken by certain local authorities  in respect of bins obstructing footpaths with possible fines being levied on persistent offenders. We leave our bin for emptying on the end of our drive with the handle facing the footpath, it’s the refuse collectors who then leave it wherever they wish after emptying it.

• Like 1

Good luck with the strikes. We’ve just had a similar dispute up here resolved after 8 months of industrial action. It’s no coincidence that Rentokil and others are fighting a constant battle against rats, pigeons and seagulls due to the amount of fly tipped household waste.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bassett one said:

its so hard for most workers as the cost of living went mad, even though its calmed down the prices for the most have not gone down

It’s just as hard for pensioners. We can’t go on strike to get an increase.

• Like 4

I’ve attempted to locate Viola’s Sheffield refuse collectors hourly rate of pay, unfortunately the on-line information vary’s so much that I’m still where I started, does anyone know?

6 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

It’s just as hard for pensioners. We can’t go on strike to get an increase.

Most sensible pensioners would have made plans not to have to rely on the State Pension alone in their retirement.... 

16 hours ago, bassett one said:

its so hard for most workers as the cost of living went mad, even though its calmed down the prices for the most have not gone down

I don’t think this one is owt to do with money.

• Like 1

Its not to do with money as someone said. Its all about Unite not being happy they are recognised as a union.  I dont get why people are so angry. All unions are pretty much the same. Just join a union that is recognised its not rocket science.