Sheffield faces bin strikes: Update — more strikes upcoming

48 minutes ago, Touchwood said:

So here we are in October, and once again the bins in my area have not been collected yet. It's after 4:00 PM! Isn't this something that comes out of our Council Tax? Shouldn't we get a partial refund when they fail to do what we pay them for?

What Service Level Agreement do you have with the council to think you are entitled to a rebate?

Oh, and my bin wasnt collected for 3 days a few weeks ago. Life continues. Maybe some perspective needed.

That better @SheffieldForum ?

• Like 1

I cannot believe this daft strike is still going on. Its the most ridiculous strike action I have ever heard of! They are not striking over pay or conditions they are striking because their union is not recognised. 

There is literally a simple solution to the problem to get them recognised and get the skivers back to work. Leave Unite and join the GMB that are recognised. 

Strewth they have no common sense. Its not as if there is much difference between unions these days. 

5 minutes ago, woodmally1979 said:

I cannot believe this daft strike is still going on. Its the most ridiculous strike action I have ever heard of! They are not striking over pay or conditions they are striking because their union is not recognised. 

There is literally a simple solution to the problem to get them recognised and get the skivers back to work. Leave Unite and join the GMB that are recognised. 

Strewth they have no common sense. Its not as if there is much difference between unions these days. 

My Bold.

That's the thing about "common" sense, these days it's not actually that common is it? :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

My Bold.

That's the thing about "common" sense, these days it's not actually that common is it? :rolleyes: 

Yep that is sadly true thats why the skivers (sorry strikers) are going to continue to be out of pocket. I mean we havent got a collapse of the bin collections. Its delayed and has problems but they are still getting collected so the strike isnt even working.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XboxMan2024 said:

If the Council paid their Bin Men, sorry, "Refuse Collection Officers" a living wage, there'd be no problem...

It was literally just explained on this thread just over half an hour ago this strike isn't about pay and conditions. 

15 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was literally just explained on this thread just over half an hour ago this strike isn't about pay and conditions. 

Yes its about union recognition which makes it even more daft as all they needed to do is sign up for the union that is recognised instead of this silly strike.

• Like 2