Sheffield faces bin strikes: Update — more strikes upcoming

• 2 weeks later...

Not heard anything about this for a while so its obviously having a major disruptive effect.  

Are the mugs still out, losing money fighting the cause of a union that has the monk on because another union is being recognised and there is no need for another one?

What annoys me is the amount of potential recycling material that's going into black bins because all the 'bring sites' have been taken out of commission. I can't imagine most people bothering to take it to the household waste sites (aka tip) and wait in the queue for an hour or so to drop a few bits of card, plastic, glass etc. off, when before they could previously just do it at local sites or the supermarket. And as you say, all because their union isn't recognised - so join the one that is then !

• Like 2

the good old days padders where they offered a decent service, bet they got plenty of tips at xmas as well, unlike now were we have to do 90% of there job, even lonnie wrote a song about them on how they were in the 60s in there daisy roots as well

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bassett one said:

the good old days padders where they offered a decent service, bet they got plenty of tips at xmas as well, unlike now were we have to do 90% of there job, even lonnie wrote a song about them on how they were in the 60s in there daisy roots as well

Yes I recall my grandma saying that they came to the door just before  Christmas wishing her all the best, the only time they ever spoke to her.

Edited by crookesey
  • Like 1