David Lammy - Foreign Secretary

Just listened to him attempting to deflect his tirade of insults and accusations levelled at Donald Trump. He gets ten out of ten from me on not answering the questions asked by the press/media, if I were visiting  The Commons and needed directions to the loo, I’d have to pee myself before he’d think of answering me. 👎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Just listened to him attempting to deflect his tirade of insults and accusations levelled at Donald Trump. He gets ten out of ten from me on not answering the questions asked by the press/media, if I were visiting  The Commons and needed directions to the loo, I’d have to pee myself before he’d think of answering me. 👎

Any chance of a link so we can make our minds up?

No big deal.Plenty of people have been critical of Trump in the past including Cameron and also J.D.Vance ,his chosen VP.

In my opinion with good reason.

Pragmatism always rules at the end of the day.

• Like 4

They were both stuck in a loop.

BBC: "do you think what you said about Trump was acceptable?"
Lammy: "Other MPs said nasty stuff about trump"

BBC: "I'm not talking about other MPs, I'm talking about you"

Lammy: "Other MPs said nasty stuff about trump"

Lammy is the same man who said MPs having two jobs should be outlawed - although he made plenty doing it himself.

He also went ballistic when someone suggested absent fathers could be the cause of so much knife crime, forgetting he said the same thing in 2012!

David Lammy MP says absent fathers 'key cause of knife crime'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Commander said:

Lammy hasn't got the diplomatic skills to be foreign secretary.  Other former members of the shadow cabinet have not got positions in the Labour cabinet.  

Boris Johnson never had the basic qualities to be a half way decent PM.

Didn't stop you supporting him.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2024 at 12:54, hackey lad said:

😂😂😂

I’m still attempting to work out what the basic qualities are, Churchill had the qualities to make a good war time leader, Blair had the qualities to win general elections, Thatcher had the qualities to destroy Labour’s electoral ambitions. :huh:

16 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’m still attempting to work out what the basic qualities are, Churchill had the qualities to make a good war time leader, Blair had the qualities to win general elections, Thatcher had the qualities to destroy Labour’s electoral ambitions. :huh:

The Nolan Principles of conduct in public life are supposed to be the principles and behaviours that politicians should adhere to. They are selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.

I kept waiting for at least one to appear during Johnson's time as PM but was left disappointed.