David Lammy - Foreign Secretary

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The Nolan Principles of conduct in public life are supposed to be the principles and behaviours that politicians should adhere to. They are selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.

I kept waiting for at least one to appear during Johnson's time as PM but was left disappointed.

More disappointment ahead for you . 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

More disappointment ahead for you . 

Oh yes, I'm sure. Although I suspect at least one might materialise during Starmer's term. Maybe only one though. 

I find it maddening when politicians give these crap replies, like who is even fooled? I don't see why he couldn't have said 'Yes I said those things and I have major misgivings about Trump and hope he doesn't get elected. But if he does, we'll just have to make the best of it'

7 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Oh yes, I'm sure. Although I suspect at least one might materialise during Starmer's term. Maybe only one though. 

I find it maddening when politicians give these crap replies, like who is even fooled? I don't see why he couldn't have said 'Yes I said those things and I have major misgivings about Trump and hope he doesn't get elected. But if he does, we'll just have to make the best of it'

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Probably by private jet like he did last week

Foreign Secretary David Lammy chartered £10,000 per hour private jet for two-day visit to Israel

But no doubt its essential and only a waste when Tories do it.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Foreign Secretary David Lammy chartered £10,000 per hour private jet for two-day visit to Israel

Noted

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I wish I had an account at the Bank of the British Tax Payer; you never have to put any money in but you can withdraw as much as you like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Sunak used it like a Taxi... haven't seen any evidence of that under Labour so far, plenty of time yet of course.

20 hours ago, Bamanamanana said:

Sunak used it like a Taxi... haven't seen any evidence of that under Labour so far, plenty of time yet of course.

Here you go - and it doesn't include his jet flight to Edinburgh for a Climate conference!

image.png.2e9f137ab5b3cd3f9427d35b2fc4844a.png

Even though

Labour would clamp down on jet use by ministers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67056083

Edited by alchresearch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1