David Lammy - Foreign Secretary

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Here you go - and it doesn't include his jet flight to Edinburgh for a Climate conference!

image.png.2e9f137ab5b3cd3f9427d35b2fc4844a.png

Even though

Labour would clamp down on jet use by ministers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67056083

1st one... maybe.

2nd one, considerable distance, wasn't paid for by UK tax payers, was representing the UK (not the party).

3rd one, again, considerable distance, was representing the UK.

Edited by Bamanamanana

I just wonder what David Lammy has done to earn him the honour of having his own thread on Sheffield Forum???

I can't think of many other political luminaries who have had this distinction....

But then I remember that Diane Abbott had her very own thread on here too - It was here:

It was incorporated into this thread here:

I wonder why David Lammy and Diane Abbott get their own threads?

Edited by Mister M

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I just wonder what David Lammy has done to earn him the honour of having his own thread on Sheffield Forum???

I can't think of many other political luminaries who have had this distinction....

But then I remember that Diane Abbott had her very own thread on here too - It was here:

It was incorporated into this thread here:

I wonder why David Lammy and Diane Abbott get their own threads?

Oh give over :rolleyes:

Just now, Mister M said:

An MP being mouthy, lots of MPs  are

Agreed - that  is a standard of behaviour we have unfortunately come to expect of them - but some are better (or worse) at it.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Agreed - that  is a standard of behaviour we have unfortunately come to expect of them - but some are better (or worse) at it.

I don't think Diane Abbott or David Lammy are particularly mouthy, or at least any mouthier than other MPs. In some ways I'm glad they are confident  - it's their jobs to advocate for people who can't speak up for themselves. 

Edited by Mister M

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't think Diane Abbott or David Lammy are particularly mouthy, or at least any mouthier than other MPs. In some ways I'm glad they are confident  - it's their jobs to advocate for people who can't speak up for themselves. 

It is the job of any MP. Although I am not singling her out - whatever you think - Ms. Abbott has been shown to be a little bit of a loose cannon. Don't know that much about Lammy, but from what little I can gather, he is another who tends to go off at half-'male chicken'

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1