Government failed its citizens’ on Covid, first report finds

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Significant flaws in UK pandemic preparations meant Covid caused more deaths and economic damage than it should have, the Covid inquiry’s first report says

UK Covid inquiry report live: Government ‘failed its citizens’ on Covid due to flawed pandemic planning, damning report finds - BBC News

And Labour went along with it .  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

All of it 

It can't have done because Baroness Hallett specifically referred to the Government's complete lack of planning.

How can any party which is not in power be responsible for any of the planning for a pandemic?

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

It can't have done because Baroness Hallett specifically referred to the Government's complete lack of planning.

How can any party which is not in power be responsible for any of the planning for a pandemic?

Not forgetting that Operation Cygnus had been binned by the Tories, despite them initially wanting the report.

And we're still waiting for their internal report into Islamophobia, and the Grenfell Tower report, and the russian election influence report.

Never mind, it's all Labours fault 👍.

• Like 1

Didn't the Labour shadow cabinet offer their help when the pandemic first hit?

And weren't they told, in no uncertain terms, that their help wasn't needed and that de Pfeffel had it all covered?

When anything went badly wrong with my area of the business the Chief Exec used to blame me, that is until I reminded him that it was him who appointed me so it must be his fault. 😉