Phrases Relatives Said When We Were Kids

3 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Another , I was told I was all wind & wee wee ,when I said something stupid , which was quite often 😆

All **** na fa fa, as Sid James said in Carry On Again Doctor, I think.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

I get your point, but I still see the Yorkshireness in Arkwright, even from this distance. The episode that they don’t show anymore where he flogged the old dilapidated clothes horses to his competitor the Indian shopkeeper round the corner, and then sends G G G Granville round disguised as an Indian woman, blacked up and in a saree to buy them back I still find hilarious. Nowt racist or derogatory, just great humour, especially from the Indian shopkeeper when he first enters Arkwright. Magic.

I loved that show , it was hilarious 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

And as for what was said when I was given my daily dose of cod liver oil, well if I repeated it here the powers that be would banish me to somewhere horrible, like Lancashire.🤮.

OOOOOO we had to have Cod Liver Oil , everyday , YUK 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

I get your point, but I still see the Yorkshireness in Arkwright, even from this distance. The episode that they don’t show anymore where he flogged the old dilapidated clothes horses to his competitor the Indian shopkeeper round the corner, and then sends G G G Granville round disguised as an Indian woman, blacked up and in a saree to buy them back I still find hilarious. Nowt racist or derogatory, just great humour, especially from the Indian shopkeeper when he first enters Arkwright. Magic.

I thought that I'd seen all the episodes but I've definitely not seen that one, sounds hilarious. Missed a good 'un there. 

8 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I thought that I'd seen all the episodes but I've definitely not seen that one, sounds hilarious. Missed a good 'un there. 

It’s one of the last episodes from the last series and although UKTV Gold repeat the whole lot frequently, that one doesn’t get shown. 

4 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

It’s one of the last episodes from the last series and although UKTV Gold repeat the whole lot frequently, that one doesn’t get shown. 

Thanks, I might see if I can find it on PB. 🏴‍☠️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, francypants said:

We had a spoonful of Cod Liver Oil and Malt every day  ........  I loved it.

#metoo