Phrases Relatives Said When We Were Kids

12 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

It’s one of the last episodes from the last series and although UKTV Gold repeat the whole lot frequently, that one doesn’t get shown. 

Seems like UKTV Gold might be having a politically correct sense of humour failure?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, francypants said:

We had a spoonful of Cod Liver Oil and Malt every day  ........  I loved it.

Really? It used to make me gag. :gag: I literally could barely swallow it. I have heard that you're either O.K with it or not, no middle ground.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Anyhow, back to the subject in hand, and very appropriate, “if you sit that close to the telly you’ll get square eyes”. Mother again.

I remember that one! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

Seems like UKTV Gold might be having a politically correct sense of humour failure?

And how. There a couple of editions of Porridge that have been cut to ribbons. Even Last Of The Summer Wine has been edited in places.

Dont forget UKTV Gold is partially owned by t’BBC though. Says a lot doesn’t it.

• Like 1

Mum: If tha does that agean I’ll put thi in a home.

Me: I thought I were already in one.

Mum: Don’t gi’ me a yard o’ cheek.

Me: Dad, I’ve got nowt to do.

Dad: Guh tut end o’t street and see if I’m there.

Me: Dad, what you doing?

Dad: Keepin’t sun out o’ me eyes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

And how. There a couple of editions of Porridge that have been cut to ribbons. Even Last Of The Summer Wine has been edited in places.

Dont forget UKTV Gold is partially owned by t’BBC though. Says a lot doesn’t it.

It's sad, to say the least...

Currently downloading series four of Open All Hours series four from 2021 so I'm not holding out much hope that the episode will be there. 

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

It's sad, to say the least...

Currently downloading series four of Open All Hours series four from 2021 so I'm not holding out much hope that the episode will be there. 

Eh. 2021? It were from 70’s and 80’s.

16 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Eh. 2021? It were from 70’s and 80’s.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The series of Open All Hours that I'm downloading are from the 80s but they were uploaded in 2021.

• Thanks 1