Phrases Relatives Said When We Were Kids

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

If you don't behave I will take you to Salmon Pastures!!  Which we were told was a school for naughty boys.

My grandma went to Salmon Pastures. One day the teacher made her stand on a desk and told all the kids in the class to clap because grandma had gone a whole week without  playing truant. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

My grandma went to Salmon Pastures. One day the teacher made her stand on a desk and told all the kids in the class to clap because grandma had gone a whole week without  playing truant. 

Try 6 weeks playing truant , before I got caught 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, francypants said:

What we had was really thick Cod Liver Oil and Malt.  So thick and sticky it had to be spooned out of a jar and tasted malty.  It was lovely and didn't taste fishy at all.

I had the thick and sticky stuff too but the taste was awful and very hard to swallow. Maybe it's like that thing where some people taste a certain herb (forget the name!) as awful and some don't and love it! Maybe it's a 'brain sensory' thing.

23 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

All mouth and trousers.

One of the names I got when I started work, although part of it was that I shot up about 6" in the first 6months I was working so all my trousers were at half mast