Interesting Happenings In Harehills

8 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I'm sorry your ongoing cognitive difficulties prevented you from understanding the post. I was just pointing out that what for a lot of British people is a poor deal is attractive to people whose reality in another country is a lot worse. 

Aye, ok.😉

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I agree it's not automatically racist to be concerned about what happened last night - let's remember that the police and social care were there to safeguard children. Where the racism generally manifests is the selective attention that is given to incidents involving 'foreigners' compared to similar incidents involving 'natives' like in Dublin on Monday.

Presumably these children were of the same ethnicity of most of these rioters.

May be they don't understand that in UK,  children get taken into care for their welfare if parent(s) are considered to be incapable of looking after them.

Whether you're white/ native of UK or brown etc.

Perhaps the ppl involved with this situation have a close pact and therefore resisted the authorities.

6 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

It's horrible to see what happened in Leeds, but I stand by my point. Grimes isn't a serious journalist,

Then ignore the messenger and focus on the message. 

• Like 1

Well, after seeing a video which allegedly shows the spark for the riots all I can say is poor kids. Dragged away by police and taken off in a police van will probably stay with them for a long time. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, after seeing a video which allegedly shows the spark for the riots all I can say is poor kids. Dragged away by police and taken off in a police van will probably stay with them for a long time. 

Removal of children from parents by force is the last resort, there will have been previous interaction between the parents and Social & the decision is taken IF the social can prove that the children are at serious risk.

I believe the incident that sparked this last resort was a serious head injury of the youngest, one that was deemed by medical staff as non-accidental. The family claim that the child fell from a window whilst left unsupervised (neither parent in the household). Medics disagreed that it was an accident & the admission that the kids were left home alone (stated publically in one of the twitter videos), Social were left with little choice. 

This riot shows that the Roma community within Harehills, perhaps wider, DO NOT respect UK laws & the only solution is mass deportation of any non-UK citizen from the area. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

This riot shows that the Roma community within Harehills, perhaps wider, DO NOT respect UK laws & the only solution is mass deportation of any non-UK citizen from the area. 

You sound completely ridiculous. What do you think should be done to ALL white Irish people in North Dublin?

• Haha 1

Just been listening to the radio, and a local journalist who lives in the area has been speaking about the events.

He said that although there were a group of individuals (it seems like the immediate family and wider network) who were the main instigators of the trouble; a lot of young people in the area used the incident to inflame the situation and cause damage by setting bus on fire and upturn police vehicle.

He said when he went out to see what was going on, it seemed most other people were doing the same, and not all people were involved.

He did give a special shout out to many who tried to diffuse the situation, and to the local councillor who by all accounts was one of the heroes of the night:

The hero councillor who formed a human shield to stop violence escalating in Leeds riots | The Independent

Rioting for a laugh. Rioting cos they have nothing better to do. Rioting because they know the Police are a soft touch! A few arrests have been made, nothing will change, the prisons are full up! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Delbow said:

Social services don't forcibly remove children from their homes, only the police have the power to do that. 

Snipped 

Stop splitting hairs.