Interesting Happenings In Harehills

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Sounds like it's completely different in a way you can't explain. 

Dublin was Irish citizens pushing back because they were told by their leaders that they were now 2nd class to illegal immigrants. That new housing, built by their taxes, would no longer be available to Irish citizens, instead their town was to be flooded with thousands of illegal immigrants. 

Leeds was a migrant population deciding that UK law did not apply to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

Dublin was Irish citizens pushing back because they were told by their leaders that they were now 2nd class to illegal immigrants. That new housing, built by their taxes, would no longer be available to Irish citizens, instead their town was to be flooded with thousands of illegal immigrants. 

Ah, so despite all the similarities in the actual behaviour, such as attacking the police and setting things on fire, one is ok because you sympathise with them and the other is not ok because you don't sympathise with them. That'll be why I don't see them as completely different, very similar in fact - I don't sympahtise with either set of rioters. 

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

"The crowd briefly moved about 50 metres down the road and cheers could be heard as a young man, Mohammed, did backflips to entertain those gathered and defuse any remaining heat. People played music on their phones"

"As the flames subsided, Ali told the Guardian: “Harehills is like a rainbow of flavours. You’ve got every colour, every creed, we’re all in a melting pot together. And we get on with this"

😂😂

Aye, ok.

She's the journalist who reported what she saw, and Ali is the local councillor who lives there - so yes their impressions and views matter. Matter much more than someone who has his p***boiled at the thought of multicultural communities.

17 minutes ago, Resident said:

The social housing in Sheffield is now in.a similar situation as per Dublin. Open your eyes 

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Ah, so despite all the similarities in the actual behaviour, such as attacking the police and setting things on fire, one is ok because you sympathise with them and the other is not ok because you don't sympathise with them. That'll be why I don't see them as completely different, very similar in fact - I don't sympahtise with either set of rioters. 

Once again, the left putting words into mouths. 

You really ought read what you write before making libellious statements regarding what others have said. 

Show where I said Dubliners were correct in descending into violence?

I stated the reasons why both scenarios were different as requested. 

11 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The social housing in Sheffield is now in.a similar situation as per Dublin. Open your eyes 

Preaching to the choir sister! 

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

"The crowd briefly moved about 50 metres down the road and cheers could be heard as a young man, Mohammed, did backflips to entertain those gathered and defuse any remaining heat. People played music on their phones"

"As the flames subsided, Ali told the Guardian: “Harehills is like a rainbow of flavours. You’ve got every colour, every creed, we’re all in a melting pot together. And we get on with this"

😂😂

Aye, ok.

Why do some people quote so selectively, without providing a direct link to the newspaper's report?

In this case The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/19/how-unrest-in-leeds-escalated-and-was-defused-harehills
Could it be that the rest of the article doesn't fit the narrative required?
e.g. the previous and subsequent sentences to the one quoted above.

"At about midnight, local residents began gathering water from nearby houses in buckets and wheelie bins to reduce the bus blaze to smouldering embers.

The crowd briefly moved about 50 metres down the road and cheers could be heard as a young man, Mohammed, did backflips to entertain those gathered and defuse any remaining heat. People played music on their phones.

As the flames subsided, Ali told the Guardian: “Harehills is like a rainbow of flavours. You’ve got every colour, every creed, we’re all in a melting pot together. And we get on with this.

“We’re not the richest people on the planet. We are poor people. But we’re all in it together.

They’re bringing water in wheelie bins to put a fire out on a burning bus. That’s community spirit, that’s Harehills.”

Interview here with the councillor; before anyone starts on about Owen Jones, please concentrate on the interviewee, rather than the interviewer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Why do some people quote so selectively, without providing a direct link to the newspaper's report?

In this case The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/19/how-unrest-in-leeds-escalated-and-was-defused-harehills
Could it be that the rest of the article doesn't fit the narrative required?
e.g. the previous and subsequent sentences to the one quoted above.

"At about midnight, local residents began gathering water from nearby houses in buckets and wheelie bins to reduce the bus blaze to smouldering embers.

The crowd briefly moved about 50 metres down the road and cheers could be heard as a young man, Mohammed, did backflips to entertain those gathered and defuse any remaining heat. People played music on their phones.

As the flames subsided, Ali told the Guardian: “Harehills is like a rainbow of flavours. You’ve got every colour, every creed, we’re all in a melting pot together. And we get on with this.

“We’re not the richest people on the planet. We are poor people. But we’re all in it together.

They’re bringing water in wheelie bins to put a fire out on a burning bus. That’s community spirit, that’s Harehills.”

Interview here with the councillor; before anyone starts on about Owen Jones, please concentrate on the interviewee, rather than the interviewer.

I selected those paragraphs because I found them incredibly amusing.

Sorry if that caused you any distress. 

Maybe Mohamed will pop along and do some backflips to help.

11 minutes ago, Resident said:

Once again, the left putting words into mouths. 

You really ought read what you write before making libellious statements regarding what others have said. 

Show where I said Dubliners were correct in descending into violence?

I stated the reasons why both scenarios were different as requested. 

Well, all of the attention on Leeds has, understandably, been on the behaviour of those involved. So trying to argue that Dublin is 'completely different' because the motives were different misses the point. The behaviour is the same. 

And my initial post to you was about your hysterical post in which you called for mass deportations of people, including those who had nothing to do with the riot. You still haven't explained why a similar collective punishment shouldn't be meted out on other white North Dubliners who weren't involved in the riot there. 

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Well, all of the attention on Leeds has, understandably, been on the behaviour of those involved. So trying to argue that Dublin is 'completely different' because the motives were different misses the point. The behaviour is the same. 

And my initial post to you was about your hysterical post in which you called for mass deportations of people, including those who had nothing to do with the riot. You still haven't explained why a similar collective punishment shouldn't be meted out on other white North Dubliners who weren't involved in the riot there. 

Seriously, you should stop commenting. Your low IQ is showing.