Interesting Happenings In Harehills

33 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Be interesting to see how many people are actually convicted, being cynical I'd expect a few token ones until it's yesterdays news and most get away scot free.

Is anyone planning to hold the police to account and ask why their response was so feeble I wonder.

But were there many doing damage, most were said to be onlookers. There were no injuries.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

But were there many doing damage, most were said to be onlookers. There were no injuries.

Saw loads throwing bricks and bottles, kids smashing up police cars and the bus etc, all shown full face on social media.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Top4719 said:

Be interesting to see how many people are actually convicted, being cynical I'd expect a few token ones until it's yesterdays news and most get away scot free.

Is anyone planning to hold the police to account and ask why their response was so feeble I wonder.

Letter in The Times explains it clearly enough;

The letter in case anyone can't read the Twitter post, followed by a couple of subsequent posts

Stephen Mackenzie #FireSafety4All @SteveMcfirerisk

Spot on Chris 

all appear to forget the child protection element of this case & used as subsequent excuses to riot

Not only the police but fire service who tried to attend were attacked & has to withdraw

What the clips of withdrawing officers don’t show is officers pelted with bricks & bottles + threatened with weapons
12:16 PM · Jul 22, 2024

Accounts @obbsie follows or mentioned can reply Chris Hobbs @obbsie
Sadly again I wasn't impressed with police comms.

They were as brief as they possibly could be in their statements.

Now, of course, their officers, collectively smeared as cowards, have had to deal with this dreadful RTC tragedy.

image.png.c56c5f3cf1e05dc0f8adeeb5693819d5.png

1 hour ago, geared said:

I can't believe someone had to write into the newspaper to point out the obvious.

Stating the obvious is becoming more and more necessary now that some people favour the most elaborate conspiracy theories over mundane reality.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Stating the obvious is becoming more and more necessary now that some people favour the most elaborate conspiracy theories over mundane reality.

They seem to be able to turn up mob handed when a crowd of a few thousand football fans are in town, so sorry I'm not buying that excuse, their response was cowardly and pathetic.

38 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

They seem to be able to turn up mob handed when a crowd of a few thousand football fans are in town, so sorry I'm not buying that excuse, their response was cowardly and pathetic.

Also, remember how they battered the miners. The general rule seems to be: if it's native white Brits, show no mercy, if it's ethnic minorities, hold back because we don't want to offend them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, despritdan said:

Also, remember how they battered the miners. The general rule seems to be: if it's native white Brits, show no mercy, if it's ethnic minorities, hold back because we don't want to offend them.

There's some hypocrisy on this thread, some saying most people present at this incident were "just standing around" and no one was injured, now the line is the police scarpered because they feared being murdered, it can't be both.