Interesting Happenings In Harehills

20 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Earlier in the thread someone said

"Another group who do not respect this country’s laws and values. They must leave!"

Tbf I sort of agree. If someone comes to live here and can't abide by our laws then get rid. We don't need them.

However, I get annoyed at the lazy assumption by some that anyone with a brown face or a  'funny name' can't have been born here. News flash, there's a good chance they probably were. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Earlier in the thread someone said

"Another group who do not respect this country’s laws and values. They must leave!"

I believe the comment was slightly stronger than that. 😉

"This riot shows that the Roma community within Harehills, perhaps wider, DO NOT respect UK laws & the only solution is mass deportation of any non-UK citizen from the area."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

4 people sentenced for rioting in Harehills, with similar sentences as those convicted of the more recent racist rioting, despite confident assurances from some quarters that they'd be dealt with more leniently. One of the men with the longest sentences is called Mark Mitchell, which is a bit inconvenient.

Why is it inconvenient ? 

5 hours ago, Delbow said:

4 people sentenced for rioting in Harehills, with similar sentences as those convicted of the more recent racist rioting, despite confident assurances from some quarters that they'd be dealt with more leniently. One of the men with the longest sentences is called Mark Mitchell, which is a bit inconvenient.

I too would be interested in the explanation for this segment of the above statement.

• Like 1

Just now, Prettytom said:

Would you now.

Why would you be interested in that?

Merely because it  is a bald comment, apparently with no obvious explanation, but I have noticed the poster making it has a 'habit' of making obtuse comments.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Merely because it  is a bald comment, apparently with no obvious explanation, but I have noticed the poster making it has a 'habit' of making obtuse comments.

There are loads of obtuse comments on this forum. Why did you single out that one for special attention?

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Grow up folks… stop the bickering please.

Seriously SF, if you are going to allow a select few people to dictate what gets published on here, it won’t be long until there is nothing left.

I’ve just legitimately challenged a series of dubious posts. You’ve deleted the posts and the challenge, presumably because someone 🙄 reported them. 

We either debate stuff as equals, or we accept that admin and subscribers call the shots. I’ll be off it it is the latter. I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

• Like 1