Interesting Happenings In Harehills

Just now, prince al said:

The legislation is flawed, whoever passed this should be punished. Change this law. 

Er, ok. Can I bring you up to date? The UK left the EU so there is no longer freedom of movement to the UK. Some people who were already here when the UK left the EU were able to claim settled status, just as UK citizens in other EU countries were. You lose UK settled status if you leave the UK for more than (I think) 3 months at a time, so it's not permanent.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

By no means all do. You could say something similar about white British people: "having access to free education up to the age of 18 and opportunities that people in other parts of the world can only dream of, why do so many waste that and spend their time playing on the PlayStation in their Greggs tracksuits, when they could be doing something useful?"

If you wanted to generalise.

The difference is they(working class) have been here many generations, paid their stamps, taxes, etc, their grandparents fought into world wars, survived a great depression, they are victims of huge changes with de-industralisation/Thatcherism , which saw whole communities destroyed, and become drug riddled left behind or squeeezed out by affluent commuters, the old left would not have thought like this, it was the New Left and the move to Identity Politics in the late 60's/70's which has led to this.

can't believe some of the left these days, they are pushing out pople who would be involved if it wasnt for the cranks, I see lots of them will be at Sheffield Transformed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

The difference is they(working class) have been here many generations, paid their stamps, taxes, etc, their grandparents fought into world wars, survived a great depression, they are victims of huge changes with de-industralisation/Thatcherism , which saw whole communities destroyed, and become drug riddled left behind or squeeezed out by affluent commuters, the old left would not have thought like this, it was the New Left and the move to Identity Politics in the late 60's/70's which has led to this.

can't believe some of the left these days, they are pushing out pople who would be involved if it wasnt for the cranks, I see lots of them will be at Sheffield Transformed

Yeah, think you misunderstood the point of my post there if I'm honest

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Again, no idea of the authenticity of this, but I've no reason to doubt it
I don't know where the Leeds Roma originate, so he may well be correct.

Further down the post, he's  civilly responding to Jayda Fransen

image_2024-07-19_120205587.png

It seems many other minorites are attacking the roma online so they don't get blamed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Er, ok. Can I bring you up to date? The UK left the EU so there is no longer freedom of movement to the UK. Some people who were already here when the UK left the EU were able to claim settled status, just as UK citizens in other EU countries were. You lose UK settled status if you leave the UK for more than (I think) 3 months at a time, so it's not permanent.

Five milllion actually, two million more than they planned for, the campaign group was called The 3 Milllion!

44 minutes ago, Delbow said:

People moved here when we were in the EU and they had freedom of movement. I imagine most moved to improve their situation - working night shifts in a food factory for minimum wage (a common line of work for Roma migrants) is better than living in a ghetto with no work. 

Would you rather they perform brain surgery?

You make out as if they are forced to work night shifts for minimum wage.  

You do know lots of white folk also work in factories for minimum wage right?

The bonus for the Roma being that they can send that minimum wage back home where it will be rather welcome.

• Like 1

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Would you rather they perform brain surgery?

You make out as if they are forced to work night shifts for minimum wage.  

You do know lots of white folk also work in factories for minimum wage right?

The bonus for the Roma being that they can send that minimum wage back home where it will be rather welcome.

I'm sorry your ongoing cognitive difficulties prevented you from understanding the post. I was just pointing out that what for a lot of British people is a poor deal is attractive to people whose reality in another country is a lot worse.