Interesting Happenings In Harehills

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Yeah I heard about that. Fancy objecting to your community being destroyed. 

Bigots. 

I don't know what the arrest was for (maybe you do) - is it likely that the people arrested were trying to escalate the situation? I'm sure what most people in the area want is for it to calm right down so they can return to going about their lives in peace.

I wonder what Harehills was like back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. It will have been inhabited by native English people, behaving as native English people did back then, working hard, paying their taxes, respecting the law and conducting themselves in a civilised manner. It will have had a distinct English identity, you know, that thing  for which 450,000 people from this country died whilst protecting during the last war. Now it's become multi-cultural, a rainbow of flavours, a heaven of diversity or to put it bluntly, invaded and colonised by a multi-racial army of occupation, welcomed with open arms by our quisling politicians and this is the result. We're constantly being told that diversity is our strength and our lives have been enriched, but I'm struggling to see how this sort of behaviour has made our lives better. Those few veterans still alive who spent 6 years risking their lives to stop this country being invaded by foreigners must be looking at the state of the nation and wondering why they bothered.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, despritdan said:

We're constantly being told that diversity is our strength and our lives have been enriched, but I'm struggling to see how this sort of behaviour has made our lives better.

Well it doesn't, of course. But then the vast majority of people don't behave like that. There is a certain type of person who is only interested in poor behaviour by people of colour or who weren't born in the UK. Never any recognition of any positive behaviour (the vast majority is which isn't newsworthy) and they don't see the normal / good behaviour day to day because they only associate with white British people. 

I live on a lovely street, everyone is so good to each other and so supportive. We have white British, Russian, West African, North African, East African and British Pakistani people. Everyone just goes about their business and looks out for each other in a normal way, in that way that neighbours do (or should do). I assume you'd hate it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I wonder what Harehills was like back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. It will have been inhabited by native English people, behaving as native English people did back then, working hard, paying their taxes, respecting the law and conducting themselves in a civilised manner. It will have had a distinct English identity, you know, that thing  for which 450,000 people from this country died whilst protecting during the last war. Now it's become multi-cultural, a rainbow of flavours, a heaven of diversity or to put it bluntly, invaded and colonised by a multi-racial army of occupation, welcomed with open arms by our quisling politicians and this is the result. We're constantly being told that diversity is our strength and our lives have been enriched, but I'm struggling to see how this sort of behaviour has made our lives better. Those few veterans still alive who spent 6 years risking their lives to stop this country being invaded by foreigners must be looking at the state of the nation and wondering why they bothered.

It will be interesting if war breaks out to see how many desert the ship. Bringing back call up for two years would sort out the situation to a degree.

12 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

From what I've seen on TV law and order has completely broken down.

Let's hope it doesn't spread to further parts of the country, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

In previous riots in the UK, haven't they spread very quickly (when they have spread)? The fact there's been no repeat so far and that it relates to a very local issue would suggest it's not going to spread, I'd have thought.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

In previous riots in the UK, haven't they spread very quickly (when they have spread)? The fact there's been no repeat so far and that it relates to a very local issue would suggest it's not going to spread, I'd have thought.

I hope you're correct.

A lot depends how the authorities respond.

In my opinion they need to come down very hard to make it clear they won't get away with it lightly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I believe during those disgraceful riots in the UK in 2011 ( I think) Sheffield was one of only two or three big cities that didn't have disturbances, made me rather proud. I think Cardiff may have been the other.

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I believe during those disgraceful riots in the UK in 2011 ( I think) Sheffield was one of only two or three big cities that didn't have disturbances, made me rather proud. I think Cardiff may have been the other.

Yeah, Sheffield is different. I've always found Leeds to be a very unfriendly and malign place - it's totally unscientific to say that Leeds is more likely to have riots because it's that kind of place, but I do wonder.

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yeah, Sheffield is different. I've always found Leeds to be a very unfriendly and malign place - it's totally unscientific to say that Leeds is more likely to have riots because it's that kind of place, but I do wonder.

Would you believe in 56 years apart from visiting the football ground with Sheffield Wednesday, I've never been.