Interesting Happenings In Harehills

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Would you believe in 56 years apart from visiting the football ground with Sheffield Wednesday, I've never been.

I once went to a gig in Leeds and it was chucking it down on my way back to the station - there was a couple with an umbrella walking towards me and I asked them if I was heading the right way - they just ignored me. A Sheffielder would have personally accompanied me to the station at the expense of missing their bus.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I once went to a gig in Leeds and it was chucking it down on my way back to the station - there was a couple with an umbrella walking towards me and I asked them if I was heading the right way - they just ignored me. A Sheffielder would have personally accompanied me to the station at the expense of missing their bus.

As I’ve said previously, it not the place, it’s the people. I worked for a large Leeds based company and thoroughly agree with you. However I do find Scousers and Geordies to be fine, probably because like Sheffield folk they have a good sense of humour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

As I’ve said previously, it not the place, it’s the people. I worked for a large Leeds based company and thoroughly agree with you. However I do find Scousers and Geordies to be fine, probably because like Sheffield folk they have a good sense of humour.

Never met a funny Scouser , met plenty who thought they were :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Maybe it's your perception of them, are Southerners really less friendly, just that those living in large cities are unlikely to say good morning?

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

Yeah, Sheffield is different. I've always found Leeds to be a very unfriendly and malign place - it's totally unscientific to say that Leeds is more likely to have riots because it's that kind of place, but I do wonder.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Would you believe in 56 years apart from visiting the football ground with Sheffield Wednesday, I've never been.

Leeds does have that edge to it that can be unpleasant. 

The first thing which I noticed when I lived in Leeds is just how many of the houses have bars across their doors and windows. It's pretty much a standard feature of the houses in the South and East of the city. I'm not as familiar with the North and the Western districts of the city.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

Be interesting to see how many people are actually convicted, being cynical I'd expect a few token ones until it's yesterdays news and most get away scot free.

Is anyone planning to hold the police to account and ask why their response was so feeble I wonder.

29 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Be interesting to see how many people are actually convicted, being cynical I'd expect a few token ones until it's yesterdays news and most get away scot free.

Is anyone planning to hold the police to account and ask why their response was so feeble I wonder.

Shush Bigot!