Interesting Happenings In Harehills

Just think of the pressure and cost of housing, social support, schools, hospitals, who arrive in a country with no means of financial support, no transferable skills, no trades, no pension to live off.  
If only we could house our homeless we may be able to avoid scenarios like stabbings on Division street recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

But didn't you and others label Conservatives as scum?   Does the same rules apply?

Are all conservatives scum?

No, the same rules obviously don't apply. Conservatism is a political position of choice, being Roma is a racial characteristic. If I said all white Irish people were scum because of Monday, then that would be equivalent. But I don't believe that at all.

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My two penneth 

Yes, it could just as it could happen almost anywhere.

We are living in strange times.

Cost of living crisis, mental health crisis, jobs and wages crisis?, don't forget the climate crisis, there's another 'pandemic' on the way, mass immigration is becoming a big problem,  increased crime etc etc etc.

Just needs the right spark and BOOM, the lot could go. 

my bold

Mass Immigration isn't a problem for the Government, otherwise they would stop it, In fact, I think THIS is exactly why they are being allowed into the Country, to cause mayhem and derision amongst the masses. To escalate small differences into Race hatred. Divide and conquer. Bit by bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

No, the same rules obviously don't apply. Conservatism is a political position of choice, being Roma is a racial characteristic. If I said all white Irish people were scum because of Monday, then that would be equivalent. But I don't believe that at all.

Fair point.

A place I frequently visit in Eastern Europe has a Roma area, its not a no go zone but it's a complete ghetto, garbage everywhere if though they have bins like everyone else, they have free water and electricity but keep stealing all the piping and copper, stripping down anything replaced or repaired.  They have zero respect for anything or anyone and cause damage and grief for others on a massive scale.  

I also know really well, 3 Roma who are incredibly hardworking and just living life normally like the majority of us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

my bold

Mass Immigration isn't a problem for the Government, otherwise they would stop it, In fact, I think THIS is exactly why they are being allowed into the Country, to cause mayhem and derision amongst the masses. To escalate small differences into Race hatred. Divide and conquer. Bit by bit.

image.jpeg.0bfa99fb3de401378eec8705ad2ac7dd.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Fair point.

A place I frequently visit in Eastern Europe has a Roma area, its not a no go zone but it's a complete ghetto, garbage everywhere if though they have bins like everyone else, they have free water and electricity but keep stealing all the piping and copper, stripping down anything replaced or repaired.  They have zero respect for anything or anyone and cause damage and grief for others on a massive scale.  

I also know really well, 3 Roma who are incredibly hardworking and just living life normally like the majority of us. 

'Ghetto' is an often misused word, but Roma people in some central and Eastern European countries are made to live in ghettos, which is because of racism and is wrong. In Slovakia, they are often excluded from mainstream schools, which means their educational attainment is very low and their prospects are therefore very low. Almost none get to go to university. Ghettoising people will always lead to them behaving differently to the society they are ghettoised from - that doesn't mean it's ok for people to then bring that behaviour with them when they do move into general society - it isn't ok, it's wrong. People are adaptable though, and the Roma people that you and I know who just get on with their lives in an ordinary way, while keeping aspects of their culture, are evidence of that. That's why I challenged you on your comment about a 'group', but I see that you recognise that that wasn't accurate or fair 👍

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Exactly :rolleyes: Look at those very young kids involved in all that mayhem , who is looking out for them  ? You can bet everything you’ve got that if one of them got hurt or went missing , these people would be begging the Police for help . 

Can’t believe what I’m seeing. No fear from Police or authority!

• Like 1