I tried Internet dating once. I had a lot of fun at the beginning but It didn't end well. Lots of drama, lots of hurt, it really was a terrible experience but it did teach me a valuable lesson.
Delete your browser history before the wife sees it 😬

It wasn't 'internet dating' as  such, but I met my long-term other half via the forum of the ISP we both used at the tine - we just seemed to hit it off on there, and after about nine months or so, I just said 'any chance of a visit'?

Luckily, she was going cat-sitting for a friend, so I booked a week off work and made the trip to Worthing. The rest is history.

• Like 4

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Never once even thought about internet dating, just seems a bit weird to me.  Obviously I understand that it works for others.

When I was much younger - early to mid 30's , if I remember correctly, I tried it - met some really nice girls/ladies, but nothing came of it, although I did keep in touch with some of them for a while.

16 hours ago, RollingJ said:

It wasn't 'internet dating' as  such, but I met my long-term other half via the forum of the ISP we both used at the tine - we just seemed to hit it off on there, and after about nine months or so, I just said 'any chance of a visit'?

Luckily, she was going cat-sitting for a friend, so I booked a week off work and made the trip to Worthing. The rest is history.

Pleased it worked out for you RollingJ and didn’t end up a catastrophe .😄

echo.

• Like 1

I havn't internet dated but I'm sure it has certain advantages ie, without actually meeting  you can both speak freely and find common ground by talking about your likes and dislikes, hobbies, places you both like go or would go and even habbits good or bad which can satisfy both before commitment,  its just another way to connect to someone,  its the old  Marmite situation. It suits some but not others.

• Like 1

When I was ‘dating’ the question would’ve been ‘inter what?’ because it was something for the future. 😆
Fortunately never needed it since it did arrive for that purpose at least, although it’s been useful for contacting former friends who I’d lost contact with over the years.

echo.

The thing with internet dating is that people have a list of boxes which they need to have ticked, when sometimes their ideal partner has a completely different profile.  My partner and I have been together for over 15 years and get on really well, but I'd never have considered him on an online dating site. Imagine the advert : "Lady, likes country walks, art, gardening, social history and the music of Andrea Bocelli, into healthy eating .... seeks balding younger man with beer belly and builders bum. Successful applicant will be into burgers, sausages, chips. motorbikes, science fiction and country music. "

• Haha 2