Drink Driving Is Wrong...

Is speeding wrong? I just watched channel 5, cop caught a guy speeding at 95 mph in a big truck and he gave him a written warning that lasts 12 months.

I thought that was ridiculous.

If written warnings work, they change the speed cameras to give warnings unless it's 15% over the speed limit.

25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is speeding wrong? I just watched channel 5, cop caught a guy speeding at 95 mph in a big truck and he gave him a written warning that lasts 12 months.

I thought that was ridiculous.

If written warnings work, they change the speed cameras to give warnings unless it's 15% over the speed limit.

What kind of big truck? Like an hgv? 

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Never heard that before Daddy/

Police giving 12 months written warnings?

I believe it was a Section 59 warning, which is more commonly used because of anti-social driving.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I believe it was a Section 59 warning, which is more commonly used because of anti-social driving.

Anti social?

That's got to be more like dangerous driving? 

Crazy. .

Drink-driving is dangerous because of the possible knock-on effects,  faamilies are devastated when a member of their families is killed or injured,  and often whole families suffer,  I admit to being nervous near oil tankers and large hgv's.

On 23/07/2024 at 10:08, El Cid said:

I saw that show. it was a Section 59 warning, issued for continuous speeding over quite a long distance. So now every time the driver of the Navara is in front of a police car he will get flashed up on the police officers ANPR as an offender.