Joe Biden Pulls Out Of Presidential Race

22 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Actors, mimes, crooners and jesters were historically kept around to amuse the powerful at banquets, feasts and orgies.

Hollywood actors are empty suits, who spend half their lives in make up chairs and dress up costumes, playing pretend. Told where to stand, told what to say, and how to say it.

Only recently have they become elevated to political power brokers, by some people who take them seriously, and actually idolize them!

Meanwhile creative entrepreneurs and brilliant minds, who change the world are pilloried, persecuted, libeled and demeaned, by their own governments, and society.

Elon Musk, who developed reusable Space X rockets to space and back, PayPal, OpenAI, Starlink that provides  Starlink internet and GPS satellite coverage communications to the world, including Ukraine. He provides Starlink satellite services to the Ukraine military for free!

He is facing thousands of lawsuits against him and his companies.

My brother has a weekend cottage by the lake in Canada, where the extended family get together to celebrate holidays etc. It had no reliable internet, from Telus and Bell. It was a problem for some of the family who needed to be in touch with their various businesses on weekends, so it was hard to get everybody together.

I was out there recently and they were ecstatic Musk's Starlink had just become available with fast internet. Changed the whole dynamic, and peoples plans.  Now THAT"s changing life for the better! Far reaching.

Rudy Giuliani once lauded as "America's Mayor', for his success in prosecuting Mob figures, and making New York City safe and clean again. But he poked his nose into Ukrainian corruption, and now he is is a bankrupt shell of a man.

Then of course there's Trump.

They refuse to play the Swamp games.

Bill Gates plays the game. The few times he's objected, he's subjected to Anti-Trust lawsuits, and salacious details get leaked from the reams of raw data in his FBI file on his personal life.

There's decent blokes, and "decent blokes".

I'm not sure I understand your post. 

What I got from it is that the whole system is basically as corrupt as it gets, and if anyone tries to investigate to set it straight they get annihilated and ruined as with Rudi Guiliani.

Is that what you were saying? 

All I know is that money equals power, and money rules, OK?

Forget Democracy and 'power to the people,' we are just the rats running round the maze, doing all the work, and being reularly **** on from on high.

When you have individuals with more money than entire countries, they have power indeed, and use it in their own interests, no one elses. 

So what can be done? Short of bloody revolution, which usually just puts even worse people into power, what's the answer?

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

What I got from it is that the whole system is basically as corrupt as it gets, and if anyone tries to investigate to set it straight they get annihilated and ruined as with Rudi Guiliani.

Forget Democracy and 'power to the people,' we are just the rats running round the maze, doing all the work, and being reularly **** on from on high.

When you have individuals with more money than entire countries, they have power indeed, and use it in their own interests, no one elses. 

So what can be done? Short of bloody revolution, which usually just puts even worse people into power, what's the answer?

Anna, you know it's been like this since the start of humanity, and it ain't gunna end anytime soon..

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Actors, mimes, crooners and jesters were historically kept around to amuse the powerful at banquets, feasts and orgies.

Are we talking Reagan,Schwarzenegger,Clint Eastwood,or even TV Celebrity Trump here?

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Many great minds in the past 3000 years have wrestled with the same problem, and their answers can be found in the writings they have left behind. You can find them in your libraries, and today even on line. But it is necessary to develop the ability to think for yourself, and not allow others to dominate you, or your thinking. Education.

In the West today, there is really not much you can do to change the system. but you can change the mental and cultural social environment that you occupy. Education.

The good news?

There are shysters and charlatans everywhere, but there are also true heroes, among us.

You must develop the ability to discern the difference.  Education.

You can control your own corner of the world, by being the person with the characteristics, you wish of your leaders. Separate yourself from the mob. Think for yourself.  Trust, but verify. Don't expect stranges with promises to have anything but their own interests at heart. Avoid negative people.

You can live that life, and find much peace and harmony, while the mad world goes to hell!

A good start would be to contemplate the validity of some time worn adages, such as:

https://youtu.be/zFxvV7-JDRw

https://youtu.be/sqOgyNfHl1U

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

Are we talking Reagan,Schwarzenegger,Clint Eastwood,or even TV Celebrity Trump here?

Ronald (rhymes with Donald) Reagan was elected twice as Governor of California, the most populous State in the U.S.A.

He went on to be elected twice as President of the U.S.

Trump was never an actor. He was one of New York City's foremost builders, and runs a billion dollar real estate empire.

The other two?  Hollywood actors, still!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Trump was never an actor. He was one of New York City's foremost.......fraudster and grifter, convicted criminal and runs a.... portrayed billion dollar real estate empire built on multiple bankruptcies, fake accounting and over valuations.

Corrected that for you.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

22 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Corrected that for you.  

You forgot "Traitor", "Fascist",  Rapist"

Pack up your evidence and send it to Biden's FBI, CIA, Justice Department Special Prosecutors, and State Attorneys General.

They desperately need it!  😀

25 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You forgot "Traitor", "Fascist",  Rapist"

Pack up your evidence and send it to Biden's FBI, CIA, Justice Department Special Prosecutors, and State Attorneys General.

They desperately need it!  😀

Why do I need to "pack up my evidence".

The evidence has already been provided and tried.  His organisation was found guilty on all counts of tax fraud. He has personally been found liable for sexual assault, defamation and now found guilty on 34 criminal counts of financial fraud. His serial bankruptcies from his business failures is a matter of public record.  His conduct in dealing with other businesses and contractors who he regularly shafted is well documented. 

This is not conspiracy theories sweetheart.  It's facts. 

A word that seemingly increasing numbers of trump fan club members don't have in their vocabulary.  

• Like 1

• SheffieldForum changed the title to Joe Biden Pulls Out Of Presidential Race
30 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why do I need to "pack up my evidence".

The evidence has already been provided and tried.  His organisation was found guilty on all counts of tax fraud. He has personally been found liable for sexual assault, defamation and now found guilty on 34 criminal counts of financial fraud. His serial bankruptcies from his business failures is a matter of public record.  His conduct in dealing with other businesses and contractors who he regularly shafted is well documented. 

This is not conspiracy theories sweetheart.  It's facts. 

A word that seemingly increasing numbers of trump fan club members don't have in their vocabulary.  

So why do you think he's not in jail, and is actually well on his way to the White House at the moment?

17 minutes ago, trastrick said:

So why do you think he's not in jail, and is actually well on his way to the White House at the moment?

My point exactly.

If the only choice out of all America is proven crook Trump or senile old man Biden, (OK very recently Harris)  something must be very wrong with the system called 'democracy' 

It's the same in many countries.

Democracy isn't working.

We continually vilify communism, and send men and women off to die in wars to defend our system, but is it really so much better?