Kamala Harris

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Some black Americans think that people like Obama (half white) and Kamala (Jamaican and Indian heritage, white husband) cannot truly relate to the black experience in America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/14/why-some-african-americans-are-questioning-kamala-harriss-blackness/

Even powerful African Americans face a certain degree of criticism if they are perceived to be "acting white". Like Justice Thomas (white wife).

It would be a mistake for Kamala and the Democrats to take the black vote for granted!

Sounds a bit racist to me . 

3 hours ago, cressida said:

She could be the first black female president,  however a member of the BBC5 Live team said last night  Harris wasn't qualified?

It seems to relate to the legal status of her parent's nationality; one of the only three requirements to be a US president if to be a "Natural Born Citizen"; the others are be older than 35 and lived in the US for 14 years.
It seems she is a US Natural Born Citizen, and her parents status is immaterial; I've no idea of their status myself.
Much of it is explained here, and seems similar to the false accusations of Obabma not being eligible to stand.
https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-eligible-be-president-despite-misleading-posts-2023-10-18/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cressida said:

Yes non-issue these days,  vast difference between Biden at 81 years and Trump imo.

Well I know what age 77 feels like, I retired at age 63 having done my bit, why anyone in their 80’s wants to lead the most powerful nations in the world, God only knows. :huh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Some black Americans think that people like Obama (half white) and Kamala (Jamaican and Indian heritage, white husband) cannot truly relate to the black experience in America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/14/why-some-african-americans-are-questioning-kamala-harriss-blackness/

Even powerful African Americans face a certain degree of criticism if they are perceived to be "acting white". Like Justice Thomas (white wife).

It would be a mistake for Kamala and the Democrats to take the black vote for granted!

Black Lives Matter calls on the DNC to host a virtual snap primary.

Washington D.C. – Black Lives Matter demands that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) immediately host an informal, virtual snap primary across the country prior to the DNC convention in August. We call for the Rules Committee to create a process that allows for public participation in the nomination process, not just a nomination by party delegates. The current political landscape is unprecedented, with President Biden stepping aside in a manner never seen before. This moment calls for decisive action to protect the integrity of our democracy and the voices of Black voters.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-lives-matter-statement-on-kamala-harris-securing-enough-delegates-to-become-democratic-nominee/

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Black Lives Matter calls on the DNC to host a virtual snap primary.

Washington D.C. – Black Lives Matter demands that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) immediately host an informal, virtual snap primary across the country prior to the DNC convention in August. We call for the Rules Committee to create a process that allows for public participation in the nomination process, not just a nomination by party delegates. The current political landscape is unprecedented, with President Biden stepping aside in a manner never seen before. This moment calls for decisive action to protect the integrity of our democracy and the voices of Black voters.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-lives-matter-statement-on-kamala-harris-securing-enough-delegates-to-become-democratic-nominee/

Wouldn't they be better off concentrating on refunding the millions they received from the naive and easily fooled to help their members buy big houses?

• Like 2

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Wouldn't they be better off concentrating on refunding the millions they received from the naive and easily fooled to help their members buy big houses?

Now that would be nice. I wont hold my breath though, blue really isnt my colour

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Now that would be nice. I wont hold my breath though, blue really isnt my colour

Kamalala held her first rally today in Wisconsin.

She regurgitated the never Trump stuff of the past 8 years, to the delight of the fans, but  never took a sober moment to mention the gravity of the dangerous times the world is facing, the economic situation, the assassination attempt, the heroism of the Secret Service detail, or the victims of the shooting.

I the 14 minutes she was up there, she gave no reason why anybody other than the progressive base who's vote she has already locked down anyway, a reason to vote for her. It's Just Biden on steroids.

Which reminds me, we can forget the cognitive test discussion, but in view of her uneven past performances in public and private, maybe a urine test might be in order!  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1