Violence aginst women and girls.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Why must I have a motive, it's a forum where folk discuss issues.

Ok here's one...

Do you think women report inappropriate behaviour in the work place more or less than 20 years ago?  

Do you think men are more inappropriate in the workplace today than 20 years ago?

Do you think women report more inappropriate and violent behaviour more or less than say 10 years ago?

Everyone has a motive for posting, otherwise they wouldn't bother, or they would reply to every topic if it was some kind of compulsion. 

Regarding your questions - I think it's more likely that women report inappropriate behaviour in the workplace now, and I think if anything men are less likely to behave inappropriately at work now - neither of which has anything, or at least anything significant, to do with incidents reported to the police, which is what the article linked to by Cressida is about. 

Whether women are more likely to report inappropriate and violent behaviour than 20 years ago, I'm not sure. We hear often that the pathetic rate of convictions for rape and sexual assault deters women from reporting it. 

Would it really be so surprising if violence against women and girls had increased? We now have people like Andrew Tate, who have enormous influence and tell men and boys that they should be in control of women and girls, and Tate is endorsed by a British MP

We also know that poverty increases crime, and if there's something the UK has had plenty of over the last several years, it's poverty.

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Everyone has a motive for posting, otherwise they wouldn't bother, or they would reply to every topic if it was some kind of compulsion. 

Regarding your questions - I think it's more likely that women report inappropriate behaviour in the workplace now, and I think if anything men are less likely to behave inappropriately at work now - neither of which has anything, or at least anything significant, to do with incidents reported to the police, which is what the article linked to by Cressida is about. 

Whether women are more likely to report inappropriate and violent behaviour than 20 years ago, I'm not sure. We hear often that the pathetic rate of convictions for rape and sexual assault deters women from reporting it. 

Would it really be so surprising if violence against women and girls had increased? We now have people like Andrew Tate, who have enormous influence and tell men and boys that they should be in control of women and girls, and Tate is endorsed by a British MP

We also know that poverty increases crime, and if there's something the UK has had plenty of over the last several years, it's poverty.

Political  :rolleyes:

13-17 year ol lads seem to be looking for a leader - impressionable age,  they need older role models who have wisdom.

Hackey's album is full of pix of Nadine & Penny and that's ok

Nigel should steer clear of controversial people.

Going to have a nap now - I'm convalescing.

I wonder how many contributors to this topic actually read the post to which Cressida was referring.
To make it easier, here's a link avoiding the paywall.
Violence against women soars by 40% as police chief brands crime rate a ‘national emergency’

As mentioned earlier, we also have the Andrew Tate and related issues to contend with; separately, try entering the term "leathering" into this forum's search engine and see how often promotion/normalisation of violence occurs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cressida said:

One in twelve women have suffered abuse which has escalated

This issue was discussed on Radio5 Live this morning with a female police officer from Nottingham, who blamed it all on certain influencers for posting sexist and misogynistic content online. I'm sure they have some bad influence on some young men, but trying to blame them for this huge increase of attacks on women is just ignoring the elephant in the room. This situation was totally predictable given the huge influx, legally and illegally, of young men from countries where women are treated as 2nd class citizens and white women are seen as fair game because of the way they dress. Nigel Farage and others have been warning of the potential danger to women from allowing tens of thousands of young men with medieval attitudes towards women into European countries for years, but have been villified and demonized by the left for doing so, even though they were actually speaking uncomfortable truths.

Don't expect to see any accurate and truthful statistics about the ethnicity of the men carrying out these attacks; we saw from the cover up of the activities of the Pakistani grooming gangs just how determined the Establishment is to hide the truth. As more and more of these young men come flooding in, knowing they'll never be deported, the situation will just keep getting worse and worse and we'll continue to be kept in the dark.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I completely agree with you and I believe that's a good barometer to suggest women would now be reporting violence and inappropriate behaviour on a greater scale than before, rather than the narrative that men are becoming more violent and inappropriate because of influence.

Do you think women are now more violent than say 20 years ago?  I do, much more violent.

25 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I wonder how many contributors to this topic actually read the post to which Cressida was referring.
To make it easier, here's a link avoiding the paywall.
Violence against women soars by 40% as police chief brands crime rate a ‘national emergency’

As mentioned earlier, we also have the Andrew Tate and related issues to contend with; separately, try entering the term "leathering" into this forum's search engine and see how often promotion/normalisation of violence occurs.

Yes, I did.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, despritdan said:

This issue was discussed on Radio5 Live this morning with a female police officer from Nottingham, who blamed it all on certain influencers for posting sexist and misogynistic content online. I'm sure they have some bad influence on some young men, but trying to blame them for this huge increase of attacks on women is just ignoring the elephant in the room. This situation was totally predictable given the huge influx, legally and illegally, of young men from countries where women are treated as 2nd class citizens and white women are seen as fair game because of the way they dress. Nigel Farage and others have been warning of the potential danger to women from allowing tens of thousands of young men with medieval attitudes towards women into European countries for years, but have been villified and demonized by the left for doing so, even though they were actually speaking uncomfortable truths.

Don't expect to see any accurate and truthful statistics about the ethnicity of the men carrying out these attacks; we saw from the cover up of the activities of the Pakistani grooming gangs just how determined the Establishment is to hide the truth. As more and more of these young men come flooding in, knowing they'll never be deported, the situation will just keep getting worse and worse and we'll continue to be kept in the dark.

That's an excellent point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, despritdan said:

So, Nigel Farage has been warning of an influx of men with medieval attitudes to women while endorsing a man who has medieval attitudes to women, has he?

Milky beverage time for you, I reckon.