Violence aginst women and girls.

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I completely agree with you and I believe that's a good barometer to suggest women would now be reporting violence and inappropriate behaviour on a greater scale than before

I think that's a crap barometer if I'm honest. Women feeling more confident to report non-criminal inappropriate behaviour at work tells us next to nothing about their confidence in reporting crimes to the police.

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I think that's a crap barometer if I'm honest. Women feeling more confident to report non-criminal inappropriate behaviour at work tells us next to nothing about their confidence in reporting crimes to the police.

Agree to disagree.

Do you think women, especially the younger generation are more violent?

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Agree to disagree.

Do you think women, especially the younger generation are more violent?

I'm not sure. Perceptions of crime and the reality are so far apart that without some kind of proper research I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. One phrase that seems to pop up an awful lot in news reports about crime is 'a man in his 50s has been arrested'. So maybe the Gen Xers and the boomers are worse? They certainly drink more booze, which is a massive aggravating factor in violent crime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

I'm not sure. Perceptions of crime and the reality are so far apart that without some kind of proper research I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. One phrase that seems to pop up an awful lot in news reports about crime is 'a man in his 50s has been arrested'. So maybe the Gen Xers and the boomers are worse? They certainly drink more booze, which is a massive aggravating factor in violent crime.

You are not sure, seriously?

Do you think you will have seen lasses scrapping every weekend in city centers back in the 70s and 80s.

A week doesn't go by without us reading about another female who has killed her kids or violently assaulted either another lass or their husband. 

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You are not sure, seriously?

Do you think you will have seen lasses scrapping every weekend in city centers back in the 70s and 80s.

A week doesn't go by without us reading about another female who has killed her kids or violently assaulted either another lass or their husband. 

Like I say, impressions formed from media reports are not the same as actual evidence of any trends. America has seen a really significant drop in violent crime over the last two years but most Americans think it's gone up.

1 hour ago, despritdan said:

This issue was discussed on Radio5 Live this morning with a female police officer from Nottingham, who blamed it all on certain influencers for posting sexist and misogynistic content online. I'm sure they have some bad influence on some young men, but trying to blame them for this huge increase of attacks on women is just ignoring the elephant in the room. This situation was totally predictable given the huge influx, legally and illegally, of young men from countries where women are treated as 2nd class citizens and white women are seen as fair game because of the way they dress. Nigel Farage and others have been warning of the potential danger to women from allowing tens of thousands of young men with medieval attitudes towards women into European countries for years, but have been villified and demonized by the left for doing so, even though they were actually speaking uncomfortable truths.

Don't expect to see any accurate and truthful statistics about the ethnicity of the men carrying out these attacks; we saw from the cover up of the activities of the Pakistani grooming gangs just how determined the Establishment is to hide the truth. As more and more of these young men come flooding in, knowing they'll never be deported, the situation will just keep getting worse and worse and we'll continue to be kept in the dark.

This is exactly the reason, importing people who have been brought up to treat women worse than animals was never going to end well, you only need to look at the stats in other high immigration countries, it will continue to get worse and more women will suffer as people make excuses for it and the authorities cover it up with misleading "statistics".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Like I say, impressions formed from media reports are not the same as actual evidence of any trends. America has seen a really significant drop in violent crime over the last two years but most Americans think it's gone up.

You don't think that women in general are more violent now ( especially the younger generation) than they were 20 years ago!! Oh please...

Maybe violent crime in America has gone down because men are getting better?

You don't think that women in general are more violent now ( especially the younger generation) than they were 20 years ago!! Oh please...

Maybe violent crime in America has gone down because men are getting better?

Read what is written - I said I didn't know whether they are more violent than 20 years ago. That is true - I don't know. It may be that they are. In 2019, women accounted for 16% of people convicted of offences against the person

Find us the stats from 2004 and we can compare.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Read what is written - I said I didn't know whether they are more violent than 20 years ago. That is true - I don't know. It may be that they are. In 2019, women accounted for 16% of people convicted of offences against the person

Find us the stats from 2004 and we can compare.

I wouldn't know where to find stats.

I prefer my own and others personal experiences

I highly doubt many blokes would report a lass being violent towards them, hence why it's only 16%, in my opinion.

I wouldn't know where to find stats.

I prefer my own and others personal experiences

I highly doubt many blokes would report a lass being violent towards them, hence why it's only 16%, in my opinion.

You may prefer your own experiences, it doesn't mean they are representative of the wider population. You may as well say 'I prefer not to know the full picture'.