Research on attitudes and opinions on feral pigeons

Hi all,

I hope it's ok to post this. Apologies if not.

I'm doing some research for a blog on pigeons, and I've put together a short (2-3 mins), anonymous survey on feral pigeons in particular: https://forms.gle/Yhejx3BeZ3DCgeM66 (It's a Google Form and it won't gather your email address or any other identifying data).

I'd love some more responses, so if you care to take a look I'd be very grateful, and even more so if you could share it with others. People of any age and anywhere in the world are welcome to respond!

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Can't answer it because some questions I don't know the answer to but there is no option for "dont know".  I also don't know why this has suddenly gone on to heavy print, if anyone has a clue?

• Thanks 1

Hi, and thanks for your feed back. (For anyone who hasn't done the survey, there are four True/False questions in total and they're in the very first section, which asks about people's knowledge of feral pigeons before I ask about people's opinions.)

With the True/False questions there's no other option as True/False questions are designed to force people to make a choice: sometimes it will be based on knowledge, and other times it will be a complete guess, just as in a pub quiz. A best guess is fine, as that gives me better information about people's perceptions and knowledge of pigeons than if they were able to answer "don't know", so it's a deliberate choice on my part. Similarly, I've asked things like "What would you guess is ....? " The majority of people are unlikely to know answers for sure, so there is also no "don't know" option.

Please don't worry about getting anything "wrong" - it's meant to be a fun questionnaire which might also be accidentally a tiny bit educational, and when people don't know the real answer, that's very useful information for me.

Huge thanks to everyone who's done this so far! I really appreciate it.

I just need 11 more responses to get to 100 (obviously better for crunching statistics as 1 response won't equate to more than 1%!), so if you can help me get there, I'd be very grateful! Thanks so much to those who've done it. I appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 17:33, el_spectre said:

Hi all,

I hope it's ok to post this. Apologies if not.

I'm doing some research for a blog on pigeons, and I've put together a short (2-3 mins), anonymous survey on feral pigeons in particular: https://forms.gle/Yhejx3BeZ3DCgeM66 (It's a Google Form and it won't gather your email address or any other identifying data).

I'd love some more responses, so if you care to take a look I'd be very grateful, and even more so if you could share it with others. People of any age and anywhere in the world are welcome to respond!

Thanks so much!

I like pigeons kept racers fully inoculatiated like small athletes ..

• Like 1