Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

37 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if he would've been suspended had it not been filmed....

22 minutes ago, cressida said:

I Agree,  thank goodness also,  that members of the public are around when something like this occurs.

4 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Don't they wear body cams?.

They may well wear bodycams, but the area was also probably well covered with CCTV; I wouldn't expect any of the security/body-cam footage to be released until after any court case completion.
It would appear that some of those filming were also arrested, though released without charge.
I think that's what the video clip of someone with a phone being sprayed in the face  may be showing.
Don't read too much into the "released without charge" bit, as charges may still follow pending reviews of videos.
Screenshot from a GB News TV presenter's account, so it may well be that many folk, police included, have been jumping to the wrong conclusions.
image.png.977b9a8158e66300d9fad4b10dff1b7b.png

54 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The police officer lost control. 

How was he resisting arrest, he was lying on his front on the floor - why couldn't the officer put the cuffs on him?

Because his hands weren’t behind his back .

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The copper  simply dealt his own form of punishment out. Like you previosly said, how much does this go on unseen.

To be honest, probably a lot less now due to the abundance of modern technology, a camera in everyone's pocket, massive surveillance, social media and heightened  public awareness and legal actions.  

I don't think we can forget that it wasn't so long ago that policing was very much done behind closed doors, the amount of times an alleged criminal totally accidentally fell down the stairs of the nick or clumsily banged their head repeatedly on a cell door, or just happened to be casually, walking along and spontaneously leaped onto the wrong side of a policeman's truncheon.

Of course, none of these ever got documented or reported. You know the filing systems weren't that organised, things just happened to fall out of files now and then,  whoops the secretary accidentally forgot to type out that form....

Them were the days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

The police officer lost control. 

How was he resisting arrest, he was lying on his front on the floor - why couldn't the officer put the cuffs on him?

20 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Because his hands weren’t behind his back .

Indeed, his hands were along his sides; as this screenshot from the video clip shows, the officer even dropped his radio in running to kick the guy in the face.
In the background is another chap, his brother?, who seems quite compliant during the alleged assault on the bloke face down.
It looks to me as though he is also potentially assaulted as he is kneeling down as demanded.
The actual clip is on the right here; note the second incident at the back.
https://x.com/KickZeus/status/1816127017303380047/video/2

image.png.4ae719c3c44d97f75f56be16617ff04a.png

Racism played part in police kick incident at Manchester airport, says former senior officer
Former Met chief superintendent Dal Babu says footage of man being kicked in face by officer is ‘totally appalling’

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Indeed, his hands were along his sides; as this screenshot from the video clip shows, the officer even dropped his radio in running to kick the guy in the face.
In the background is another chap, his brother?, who seems quite compliant during the alleged assault on the bloke face down.
It looks to me as though he is also potentially assaulted as he is kneeling down as demanded.
The actual clip is on the right here; note the second incident at the back.
https://x.com/KickZeus/status/1816127017303380047/video/2

image.png.4ae719c3c44d97f75f56be16617ff04a.png

Racism played part in police kick incident at Manchester airport, says former senior officer
Former Met chief superintendent Dal Babu says footage of man being kicked in face by officer is ‘totally appalling’

It looks like the same copper in both assaults, both totally unnecessary.