Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

I think this sums it up from former Chief Prosecutor for the northwest Nazir Afzal: 'Obviously don't have the whole picture but I see no justification for the kick in the head, followed by a stamp and a Taser on a prone, unarmed man with his hands by his side.'

Something happened to trigger this chain of events; prior to this the men had allegedly assaulted police officers.  It doesn’t excuse police actions but most of us don’t do things to cause us to get surrounded by armed police at the airport in the first place either.  

• Like 2

People complain about the police not solving burglaries, car crime and the like, I mean is it any wonder as they always seem to be too busy dealing with mobs of ethics minorities causing disturbances or breaking the law or trying to work out if mental health is an issue for stabbing soldiers 

The haven't got the man power to be dealing with other crimes.

So glad I hardly live there any more.

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Or half the video - maybe if the assault of the officers had also been shared online then people may come to different conclusions

That wouldn't please some.

If me and mine were departing/returning from air travel at Manchester Airport  I reckon that I would assume that the security officers were protecting the innocent by disarming and restraining the violent. I wouldn’t have the luxury of endless replays of the incident showing after the event rights and wrong.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a version of this footage whereby there is no blurring of the image? The more I view the footage, the more it seems the copper is maybe stamping on the bloke's phone/hand while he's got it up to his ear followed by a kick to get it out of his hand ... which appears successful. Could be wrong of course, but that's how it appears to me.

8 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

Has anyone seen a version of this footage whereby there is no blurring of the image? The more I view the footage, the more it seems the copper is maybe stamping on the bloke's phone/hand while he's got it up to his ear followed by a kick to get it out of his hand ... which appears successful. Could be wrong of course, but that's how it appears to me.

Ignore that ......... just seen the unedited video at the start of the thread. My bad!

9 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

It on a couple of the Twitter links people have posted on this thread.  Obviously kicking the man in the head was wrong but I believe the police were using their feet because they were armed and there was a danger the men could have taken their weapons from their hands?