Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Probably because they'd done something wrong.

I'm not defending the person / people; I just don't think kicking and stamping on someone's head when the person is incapacitated is something that the police should do. Do you?

We already know of cases where one punch to the head has killed someone

No I don't,  perhaps there's a rough element in the police force.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Probably because they'd done something wrong.

I'm not defending the person / people; I just don't think kicking and stamping on someone's head when the person is incapacitated is something that the police should do. Do you?

We already know of cases where one punch to the head has killed someone

Glad you realise that someone committed an offence, and knew they had.

Also glad you were not defending the miscreants - although you can't do that anyway.

NO - from what I have seen, the police officer was totally wrong - but I wonder why it escalated to where it diis - I suspect we are not being given the full picture,  for whatever reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:thumbsup: . If they had done as they were told we wouldn’t be here .

The video showed by his position on the floor that he had been dealt with by positioning him in the prone position with his hands restricted, what you saw was a frrelance attack  seperate to the first incident.   So a shop lifter runs out of shop and knocks a copper to the floor during his escape then around the corner some more police apprehend him, cuff him then kick f--- out him, is that OK too. :loopy:

Just now, cressida said:

No I don't,  perhaps there's a rough element in the police force.

There is. We already know that from numerous inquiries undertaken.

No question that the job is tough, and I'll openly say I couldn't do it.

The police can use 'proportionate force' in the conduct of their duties, but it's clear that the officer lost control, and the person to whom this was happening was lying face down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

The video showed by his position on the floor that he had been dealt with by positioning him in the prone position with his hands restricted, what you saw was a frrelance attack  seperate to the first incident.   So a shop lifter runs out of shop and knocks a copper to the floor during his escape then around the corner some more police apprehend him, cuff him then kick f--- out him, is that OK too. :loopy:

They've not been suspended for no reason.

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I think it’s pretty obvious . People get arrested every day. Only when they resist do we get things like this.

The police officer lost control. 

How was he resisting arrest, he was lying on his front on the floor - why couldn't the officer put the cuffs on him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The police officer lost control. 

How was he resisting arrest, he was lying on his front on the floor - why couldn't the officer put the cuffs on him?

The copper  simply dealt his own form of punishment out. Like you previosly said, how much does this go on unseen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if he would've been suspended had it not been filmed....

I Agree,  thank goodness also,  that members of the public are around when something like this occurs.