Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@peak4 - they may have been 'victims of racial abuse', but maybe, just maybe, they should have walked away and reported it?

Ideally this is what should be done according to the law but in reality if your mum is getting racially abused and then to top it off the abusers are then ramming a trolly into your mother then I’m afraid if it was me I would probably end up in a fist fight myself and I actually have been sent to prison for unlawfully dealing with someone who disrespected my dad and then proceeded to look for me with a weapon and 2 of his cousins.

I was 25 at the time and ended up causing him GBH and received a long sentence for it.

I have never assaulted any police officer though…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mafya said:

Ideally this is what should be done according to the law but in reality if your mum is getting racially abused and then to top it off the abusers are then ramming a trolly into your mother then I’m afraid if it was me I would probably end up in a fist fight myself and I actually have been sent to prison for unlawfully dealing with someone who disrespected my dad and then proceeded to look for me with a weapon and 2 of his cousins.

I was 25 at the time and ended up causing him GBH and received a long sentence for it.

I have never assaulted any police officer though…

Understand what you are saying - but as I have thought on reading this topic, the law says a response should be 'proportionate'. I could expand, but I'm busy on a slightly more (to me) forum, and as I'm away for a few days, I need to try and close the questions down on there before I go.

Manchester Airport police - latest: Man who was kicked has ‘brain cyst’ says solicitor as family call for calm

Paul Waugh, the Labour MP for Rochdale, has met the with family and said they have appealed for ‘calm in all the communities’

The family at the centre of the Manchester Airport controversy are “traumatised“ and have appealed for calm, their MP has said.

An officer has been suspended from duty after a video emerged appearing to show Mohammed Fahir, 19, being kicked in the head on the floor at Manchester Airport.

Paul Waugh, the Labour MP for Rochdale, has met the with family. He told BBC Breakfast: “It’s clear from talking to them that they are traumatised. Lots of people saw that video clip and they are distressed by it.

Speaking to media outside Rochdale police station, the family’s solicitor Akhmed Yakoob said the condition of Muhammad Fahir Amaazhad, 19, had worsened and that a CT scan revealed a “cyst on his brain”.

The events prompted angry protests for a second night on Thursday, with roads and tram lines blocked in Manchester city centre and hundreds of protesters gathered outside Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham’s office.

Watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is now investigating.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/manchester-airport-police-incident-video-cyst-brain-news-today-b2586437.html

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Manchester Airport police - latest: Man who was kicked has ‘brain cyst’ says solicitor as family call for calm

Paul Waugh, the Labour MP for Rochdale, has met the with family and said they have appealed for ‘calm in all the communities’

The family at the centre of the Manchester Airport controversy are “traumatised“ and have appealed for calm, their MP has said.

An officer has been suspended from duty after a video emerged appearing to show Mohammed Fahir, 19, being kicked in the head on the floor at Manchester Airport.

Paul Waugh, the Labour MP for Rochdale, has met the with family. He told BBC Breakfast: “It’s clear from talking to them that they are traumatised. Lots of people saw that video clip and they are distressed by it.

Speaking to media outside Rochdale police station, the family’s solicitor Akhmed Yakoob said the condition of Muhammad Fahir Amaazhad, 19, had worsened and that a CT scan revealed a “cyst on his brain”.

The events prompted angry protests for a second night on Thursday, with roads and tram lines blocked in Manchester city centre and hundreds of protesters gathered outside Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham’s office.

Watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is now investigating.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/manchester-airport-police-incident-video-cyst-brain-news-today-b2586437.html

I heard about the “cyst” caused by the kick , yesterday . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I heard about the “cyst” caused by the kick , yesterday . :rolleyes:

Call me ignorant but I didn't think cysts were caused that way. 

Swelling, Sure.

But a cyst? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Call me ignorant but I didn't think cysts were caused that way. 

Swelling, Sure.

But a cyst? 

That was also my reaction, but bear in mind that I think this description was the one released by a lawyer, not a medical professional.
An existing cyst can also be damaged by a traumatic injury, leading to a different problem, such as internal bleeding; no idea of the case here of course.

This particular lawyer does seem to be putting himself in the story too much for my liking. Read up on him yourselves; there's plenty of info out there.

There are at least three separate groups involved, apart from the police; I think he may only represent one of them, but not sure about that.
The group/individual who allegedly verbally racially abused the mother, and then assaulted her with a luggage trolley; the family of the mother and two(??) sons who feature in most of the video clips; and the third group who were bystanders filming, and again allegedly separately assaulted by the police.
No-one has offered a public definitive explanation of how the policewoman received a nose injury.
There's lots of noise on social media, much of it speculative or inaccurate, such as a photo of a woman with a nose injury, which predates these events.

Again Nazir Afzal makes a fair comment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

That was also my reaction, but bear in mind that I think this description was the one released by a lawyer, not a medical professional.
An existing cyst can also be damaged by a traumatic injury, leading to a different problem, such as internal bleeding; no idea of the case here of course.

This particular lawyer does seem to be putting himself in the story too much for my liking. Read up on him yourselves; there's plenty of info out there.

There are at least three separate groups involved, apart from the police; I think he may only represent one of them, but not sure about that.
The group/individual who allegedly verbally racially abused the mother, and then assaulted her with a luggage trolley; the family of the mother and two(??) sons who feature in most of the video clips; and the third group who were bystanders filming, and again allegedly separately assaulted by the police.
No-one has offered a public definitive explanation of how the policewoman received a nose injury.
There's lots of noise on social media, much of it speculative or inaccurate, such as a photo of a woman with a nose injury, which predates these events.

Again Nazir Afzal makes a fair comment

££££££s

• Like 1