Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

police officer should be commended as in a volatile situation like this dealing  with these animals who themselves have no limits and regard for the law as we saw in leeds and other places last week.  its about time the police were given more powers and armed.

10 minutes ago, redruby said:

I think we should consider an alternative scenario in which the men the police arrested were white.  It would be the same  except there would be no accusations of racism of course.  Would that policeman have done the same in the circumstances if the perpetrators were white?  I suspect he would have. The ‘red mist’ that descended I suspect was caused by the perpetrators actions not his skin colour.  Would a white man beaten be a police officer attract this much attention and support from some?

If this had happened to some football supporters or some of Tommy Robinson’s lot  , there would be people on here who were happy.

• Like 3

The circumstances that led to the incident are largely irrelevant IMHO, they were clearly subdued/compliant and no longer a threat.

There was no reason to stamp on the guys head, it's simply a matter of professionalism.

It does not seem like the officer has the appropriate temprement to do the job required in a professional manner.

It's right that he, like those who perpetrated the situation that led to the incident, should be held to account for their own individual actions.

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

The circumstances that led to the incident are largely irrelevant IMHO, they were clearly subdued/compliant and no longer a threat.

There was no reason to stamp on the guys head, it's simply a matter of professionalism.

It does not seem like the officer has the appropriate temprement to do the job required in a professional manner.

It's right that he, like those who perpetrated the situation that led to the incident, should be held to account for their own individual actions.

Hard to argue with that.

But let's all have a snigger at the lawyer and his vile client as their trauma this morning after seeing that video come out will be off the scale,

😂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Hard to argue with that.

But let's all have a snigger at the lawyer and his vile client as their trauma this morning after seeing that video come out will be off the scale,

😂

The lawyer will get the opportunity to prove his claims in court.

For his sake, let's hope he can.

It's not really relevant.

45 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I wonder if protesters will now throw eggs at Fahir and his solicitor’s homes . 

Do you think mobs of non Muslims will turn up to Rochdale police station to cause havoc when this vile individual is given a payout from tax payers money?

3 minutes ago, redruby said:

Yes, agreed except this doesn’t address the allegations of ‘racism’.  Some, including some senior figures, say the police officer acted as he did due to racism.  Why?  Would he not have done the same to white men? I suspect he would have.  But white men wouldn’t be able to bring allegations of racism into the situation and whip up media circus and culture war.  

None of us know what happened really, including the original couple of incidents prior to the latest video, which seems to be what kicked it off in the first place.
If some reports are true, then racism may well have been relevant; official de-escalation previously seems to have failed dismally.
Mother was allegedly the subject of some racism, either on the flight or airside, and possibly assault subsequently; when the police arrived, they apparently sided with the aggressor, who's nationality/appearance haven't been released.
None of this excuses any violence of course,  to which anyone found involved may well be suitably charged.
It will all be covered on CCTV, hopefully not leaked to the press before any court involvement in case it prejudices a fair trial.
I did read this thread earlier which seems relevant, originally off Twitter, but rolled up here on threadreader; I don't know where the author got the info that Tice released the video to the MEN, so it might not be correct.
Tice does however seem to be trying to inflame an already bad situation.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1817292197785375205.html

• Like 2